Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to Buy Mil-Spec PotsJacks and Switches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to Buy Mil-Spec PotsJacks and Switches?

Hello,

I'm so sick and tired of scratchy pots and loose output jacks. I've bought the cheap stuff they stock at the local guitar stores, but am not satisfied. Two weeks after I put in a new volume pot on my EMG equipped Soloist, the pot started making noise AGAIN!

I would like to install higher end "military spec" grade knobs, switches, and jacks. Is there an online store that sells higher quality replacement parts?

Thanks,

http://www.switchcraft.com/ gets alot of love on these boards for...well, their switches.

Vass
    Last edited by Vass; 11-07-2007, 12:10 PM.

Comment

www.rsguitarworks.com High performance switchcraft switches and CTS "tweaked" high spec. pots. The Superpots are the best I've used. For 1/4" phone plugs and jacks at Mil. spec., I'd find a Switchcraft supplier/distributor. I haven't used those in a good 30 years or so, but they are great!
      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

How smooth are those pots to turn? The new one I bought was VERY stiff. Original equipment EMG pots are nice and smooooooooth, but the local Guitar Center doesn't stock them, must be special ordered

Comment

Originally posted by SixStringShredder View Post
          How smooth are those pots to turn? The new one I bought was VERY stiff. Original equipment EMG pots are nice and smooooooooth, but the local Guitar Center doesn't stock them, must be special ordered
          The RS Superpots? They turn smoothly with an even resistance. They have brass shafts and dielectric grease in a measured amount for turning resistance. The new or most recent RS pots have a lighter turn than the first releases. They have to average a happy medium. I like them especially because they won't turn if I accidently hit them. This happens the most on my Soloist and Fender Strat guitars. I'm always hitting the volume knob and turning the guitar down.:ROTF: They also have a true audio taper. The tone pots are great with more gradual tone change through out the turns.

Also check your rating on your EMG pots. The pots for the active pickups are like 25 ohms. The standard pot for non-actives are 500K and 250K. You may have to replace them with EMG pots or Alpha 25 ohm pots.
          Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Working...
          X