Guitar Workshop Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar Workshop Report

Ok, It has taken me a while to give a report on this, haven't had the time.

I took the Blues Blaster II with Matt Smith. I am not really a blues player but I figured when you get frustrated go back to the roots. What an awsome class. Though he does cover a lot of blues stuff he also covers a lot of information that is usefull in other styles. When he covers theory he puts in in what he calls the "Matt Smith Stupid Easy to Understand Format" He made modal playing a lot easier to understand. What is alot of time takes years to under stand he does in a few minutes. Example...Why does Santana sound like he does. He plays a dorian mode over a Minor 7 Dominant 7 2 chord progression (Gm7 D7) and gave a list of other progressions that the different modes sound good over. Though the work shop is expensive ($800) for the week it was well worth the money. This was my second time going and every time I come back my playing improves tremendously. The money also covers the dorm and meals. It also makes for a great vacation. There are faculty and student concerts at night which are fun to go to or perform in. There are also different marors and seminars to take. I learned surf guitar in one of the minors. The minors are only an hour and a half long and only offered one time but they are good. Back to Matt Smith, I have a new guitar hero. He can play anything in any tuning. He can tune a guitar from normal tuning to an open tuning or visa versa in about 10 seconds or less with out a tuner, this is not an exageration. His website is www.mattsmithsworld.com They also had Bubblefoot as a guest to the Journey to the extreme class.
    The guitar workshop link is www.guitarworkshop.com When I finish the roll of film I will post some pictures. [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]
Working...
X