Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looks like FMIC lawyers have been busy again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like FMIC lawyers have been busy again...

Anyone notice that Best-Decals no longer offers Fender, Jackson or Charvel replacement logos anymore?

The funny thing is... they still have the EVH signature decal available.

They must have worked a deal with Eddie so he gets a cut.
    -Rick

Damn! Bought mine just in the nick of time.
    My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

Man that sucks! I have a red Jackson logo I got from them for my demon project that I never used. You use to see them on eBay all day but they stopped that long time ago.

Comment

Yeah, I saw that. That sucks! Also, Gibson has been pulled.
        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

So much for freedom of choice. Score another point for corporate fascism.

Comment

Land of the free..... or is that land of the fee?!?!

Comment

Well that REALLY sucks... but at the same time, they have the right to do it. Its their copyrighted logos, you cant really blame them. Kinda screws me now though!
              Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

That would be a license fee off course.

I'm sure it was some claim of infringement, but they should recognize that some of us like to refinish our guitars and need a way to put a logo back on a refinished headstock.

EDIT:
                Screw it... when ever I play out, I'm going to put tape over the logo on my guitars.
                It's free advertising for fucks sake!

Maybe I'll replace all the logos with ESP logos... they don't seem to mind.
                Last edited by rjohnstone; 11-05-2007, 06:13 PM.
                -Rick

Comment

... or you can use a wal-mart or toys-r-us logo instead.

Still, THIS SUCKS£@¢¤²%£!!!!
                  "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
                  The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

You can go to www.brandsoftheworld.com and pick up (highlight and copy) the Charvel logo image. Then find a sign company with a good vinyl cutter to produce the logo.
                    Turn that Sh......... down!

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy View Post
                      You can go to www.brandsoftheworld.com and pick up (highlight and copy) the Charvel logo image. Then find a sign company with a good vinyl cutter to produce the logo.
                      Yea... been there... done that.
                      None of them will touch a trademarked logo with a 10 foot pole.
                      They don't want to get sued.
                      -Rick

Comment

This sucks. That decal company makes really nice transfers. I've had a few done. I need to come up with something original. Hmm, got to think of something like "Non-Corporate Guitars" or "Corporate Guitar Company's Suck" as a logo!:ROTF:
                        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Since it is supposed to be advertising, why not put a "This Space For Rent" logo on it?

:ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                            Yea... been there... done that.
                            None of them will touch a trademarked logo with a 10 foot pole.
                            They don't want to get sued.
                            Then look for a starving graphic designer, namely at your local college. I have had great luck with them. Usually more than willing to help and I find them interested in some part of the build or into guitar in general.
                            Turn that Sh......... down!

Comment

Could always get a local sign painter to do the Jackson logo. That is what I was gonna do for my Kelly project until RJ turned me on to best decals.
                              Scott
                              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X