RS Guitarworks upgrade kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RS Guitarworks upgrade kits

I installed an explorer/V upgrade kit along with a switchcraft 3-way and output jack yesterday on my mock ST and man...BIG difference. The pots on that import were pretty cheap (the special X mock has fine pots) and I wasnt 100% happy with the sound of the DiMarzios I put in there (tonezone/air norton) and figured I'd replace the pots to see if that would do it....it did...total improvment and noticible right of the bat after pluggin in.

If your looking for some better tone of your guitars give them a shot...good pot does make a difference.
    shawnlutz.com

Sounds great! I've been using them in everything over the past year. Nice turning resistance on the Superpots as well.
    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Coolio, what do you have them in and which flavor? I thought about the LP pre-wire kit for the Special X Mock but that one sounds pretty good already, although I'm gonna throw in some zebra Duncans (TB5/SH6N)
      shawnlutz.com

Comment

Hey Shawn I have been usuing RS kits for 5 + years and have them in all my mutts and a lot of my USA jacksons.I have raved about the kits on the forum and been told I was nuts for thinking the kits could possibly make a big difference.But you Bengal and I know these kits are the tits.
        That was my job at RS when I tech'd there building kits and testing each pot for output.I've installed 100s of these kits and never have I had a complaint.
        Glad you like them.
        Scott at RS is trying to get in some of the new Czec BCR's.They look killer and are on par with USA custom shop BCR's.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Straycat,

Regarding these kits and Jacksons w/Duncan pickups, what kind of improvements do these kits provide?
          "You are so stupid that I am surprised you have not collapsed into a singularity of stupidity." - Anon

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
            Hey Shawn I have been usuing RS kits for 5 + years and have them in all my mutts and a lot of my USA jacksons.I have raved about the kits on the forum and been told I was nuts for thinking the kits could possibly make a big difference.But you Bengal and I know these kits are the tits.
            That was my job at RS when I tech'd there building kits and testing each pot for output.I've installed 100s of these kits and never have I had a complaint.
            Glad you like them.
            Scott at RS is trying to get in some of the new Czec BCR's.They look killer and are on par with USA custom shop BCR's.
            +1 on the kits being the tits!!! Three kits purchased from RS so far.
            My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

I like the one I put in my V.

warms up the sound and kind of opens things up, hard to describe, but I like it.
              the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Working...
              X