Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just tried DR tite-fit strings

hi,
    i`ve tried a set of dr tite-fit strings on my ke-2.
    i have to say that they sound a lot different from the brand i`ve been using in the last 3 years ( d`addario xl).
    the dr feel very nice, bend more easly, the only down point to me is that they sound too warm.
    the tonal difference is big.
    i sort of miss that brigther, more sparlky, snappy sound from the d`addarios.
    what do you think of them ?

I love them. I think they feel the best to me, last the longest, and sound good. One of the advantages is their wound strings are like what you would find on a .10 (.11s if you use .10s, etc) but the windings are compressed, so tis like having a slightly thicker string, but in your favorite gauge. It REALLY helps for down tuning.

Comment

I've never tried the Tite-Fit, but I have used the 11-50 Hi-Beams and like them. The Hi-Beams are supposed to be brighter than the Tite-Fit. They last a very long time without corroding, too.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Also been using xl's since forever. They're very decent, but i'd like to try something new for a change. thanks for the suggestions guys
        "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
        The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

the sound difference is mainly from the core wire.
          D'addario's have a hex shaped core.
          DR tite fits have a round core like ghs boomers.
          DR Hi Beams have a hex core like your D'addario's.

the sound difference and feeling between the two core wire shapes is drastic.
          DR's tite fit and Boomers sound and feel similar.
          and D'addario and DR's Hi Beams sound and feel similar.
          Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Originally posted by eiopago View Post
            hi,
            i`ve tried a set of dr tite-fit strings on my ke-2.
            i have to say that they sound a lot different from the brand i`ve been using in the last 3 years ( d`addario xl).
            the dr feel very nice, bend more easly, the only down point to me is that they sound too warm.
            the tonal difference is big.
            i sort of miss that brigther, more sparlky, snappy sound from the d`addarios.
            what do you think of them ?
            I tried them and had the same observation about the sound. However, to me D'Addario 9's seemed as slinky or maybe slightly more slinky than the DR 9s.........I've heard from friends (no personal experience there) that the DRs last much longer (stay in playable condition) than D'Addario's do...........

Comment

I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE DR`s but you can`t get them by us... so I always have to order them from the US or Germany...
              But, I just love the sound of them and they are so well wound..
              And they are cool cause they last very long and as long as I have
              them on.. I haven`t ripped 1 string of DR`s so far!! And also no rust on
              them
              Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

I prefer the DR tites. Haven't changed my mind about them being my fav since the first set I slapped on. They are frequently out of stock though. I will go to what I'd used before in a pinch. That being Boomers. The feel is similar. In the end, I'd say whatever works best for you. Some of it is sound and feel. But I firmly believe some of it is mental. If you believe and are confident that a particular brand of string gives you more than another, that's the one I suggest using.
                In an insane world, only the sane seem crazy.

Comment

DR's get my vote.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

i was using DRs for a while but i've switched to boomers cause they're easier to find on the road and are a little cheaper. and i like to change my strings very often.
                    Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Working...
                    X