KV body choice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KV body choice

I’m thinking about building a guitar using Jackson parts. I’d like to use a DK2 neck and a King V body with a tunomatic bridge. All hardware and electronics will be replaced, and the string thru holes will not be used.

Which is the best tunomatic KV body to use; a JS series KV made of indian cedro wood, or an X series Jenna Jameson KV made of alder?

Which kind of wood sounds better and is most durable? Is there much difference between the two?

Where is the best place to go to get the body painted with a polyurethane finish; guitar shop or other? How much should a good polyurethane paint job cost?
    Last edited by excon; 10-31-2007, 11:36 PM.

The X series have a flame top.

I like flame tops.

Comment

good luck finding a king V body, stay away from the JS they are decent for the money, but your better off with the X series. lately the x series are made out of bASSwood. older ones are made from alder. i was doing the same thing but i got fed up and had a guy custom make me a body.
      "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Thanks a lot for the advice. I saw a KV body on the Bay for 50$. Since I’m a lefty, I was gonna route a control cavity on the other side and fill in the old one. Plus I would have had to deal with removing paint, the neck angle, and whatever other mismatches that it would have presented. Now that you’ve mentioned it, it probably would be worth it to just get a custom body made. Thanks for saving me the grief and aggravation.

Can anyone recommend a place or places where I can get a left handed KV body. The dimensions must be accurate so that it will fit in a Jackson KV hardshell case.
        Last edited by excon; 11-01-2007, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X