PART 2 on soloing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PART 2 on soloing

I keep hearing everyone talk about hammering on and pulling off on solos but for some reason whenever i try it sounds like ass , none of the notes last that long ( like dimebag or kirk )and it just dont sound all that good . I think im gonna stick with just picking ever sing note and just trying to perfect it unless someone gives me some help.

Re: PART 2 on soloing

Try playing some darrel or kirk, then your hammers/pull offs should get better. Also try things like chromatically hammering on every note until getting up to the 1st string 12th fret. Then pulling off until going to the1st fret. It's hard to explain [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
    Like for each string (all hammers)

1h2h3h4 2h3h4h5 3h4h5h6 4h5h6h7 5h6h7h8 6h7h8h9 7 8h9h10 8h9h10h11 9h10h11h12
    then (allpull offs)
    12p11p10p9 11p10p9p8 10p9p8p7 9p8p7p6 8p7p6p5 7p6p5p4 6p5p4p3 5p4p3p2 4p3p2p1

Then do it for the other strings. Its kindof boring doing them though. Maybe just play a lot of pantera and metallica?

Comment

do it nice and slow, and use a metronome. Take your time and put in the hours. Like anything with guitar, it just requires a bit of practice practice practice!!
      Hail yesterday

Comment

From down under, it's....

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] @ Ron

Seriously, hammers/pulls are not that hard to incorporate into a solo. For practice, pick the first note on each string of any given scale (assuming 3 notes per string), and hammer on the 2nd and 3rd notes (ascending), then descend on the same scale but again only pick the first note on each string and pull off the 2nd and 3rd (1st=pinky, 2nd=middle, 3rd=index)

Newc
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Yo, Ron! [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Sit down and just work those fingers hard!

As was said before, pull out the metronome, and pull off/hammer on to each and every finger.

Go up and down scales in triplets
              do 1h2h3h4-5p4p3p2p1 up and down the neck
              Do some two handed tapping stuff-since it's all pulls and hammers after you tap
              Do some trilling between each finger

Play hard!

Comment

Working...
              X