the floyd rose 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the floyd rose 2

is the floyd rose 2 trem any good? or is it pretty much a worthless piece of junk.
    don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining
    http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/e...597cebb139.jpg

The Floyd II is basically identical to the Schaller Floyd, and it's a good trem. The only exception would be if it's one of the very early ones that were single-locking. You don't see many of those. The biggest difference between a Floyd II and an Original Floyd is that the II has a cast metal baseplate with hardened inserts for the knife edges, rather than being made entirely of hardened steel.

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
      The Floyd II is basically identical to the Schaller Floyd, and it's a good trem. The only exception would be if it's one of the very early ones that were single-locking. You don't see many of those. The biggest difference between a Floyd II and an Original Floyd is that the II has a cast metal baseplate with hardened inserts for the knife edges, rather than being made entirely of hardened steel.
      that is the double locking one,which IS a good trem, but...

the single locking one one the Kramer you just purchased leaves a lot to be desired
      Out Of Ideas

Comment

I had two Kramers with the single-locking ones, and they absolutely sucked. I'd change that thing fast, if I were you, lest you lose your mind, trying to keep it in tune.
        I'm not Ron!

Comment

KRAMER INFO

Don't buy anything that is not either...

Made in The USA

American Series

Focus (F-x000)

American Showerster/Savant

Nightswan

Proaxe

all others will have an ass for the trem and balls for the body

(single locking or vintage and plywood)
          Out Of Ideas

Comment

I have found the double locking FRii to be very nice trems....Well built and stay in tune.

Comment

What about the Floyd Rose Pro? Supposedly a low-profile version of the FR original. I have never had the opportunity to try one, but a few people have told me they don't care for them.
              GM,
              www.aftershok.com

Comment

Originally posted by HiOctane View Post
                What about the Floyd Rose Pro? Supposedly a low-profile version of the FR original. I have never had the opportunity to try one, but a few people have told me they don't care for them.
                i have one on my proaxe. They stay in tune great and are pretty comfortable. They work just as well as an OFR just they hace a different shape. I don't think there was really much demand for it because of the "if it aint broke dont fix it" menatality, which is why i think it isnt more popular than it could potentially be
                My Guitars
                Hohner HW-200 (Natrual Grain)
                Slammer By Hamer XP-1 Standard (Wine Red)
                Kramer 1984 Custom (Bullseye Black)
                Squier Affinity Series P-Bass (Black)
                Epiphone Les Paul Classic (Black)
                Takamine EG531SSC (Black)
                Kramer Vanguard S-440S
                Kramer Proaxe Standard (Black Sparkle)
                Epiphone Zakk Wylde Les Paul Custom (Camo)
                Kramer F-1000 (Black)
                Ibanez RG-370 (Urban Digital Camo)

Comment

The Floyd Rose Pro is cool, just has slightly different string spacing.
                  http://www.floydrose.com/pro.html
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Basically same quality and performance as the OFR......Just a low profile version

Comment

Pro

Just picked up a Floyd Rose Pro for my XL...I wanted the low profile design for muting and the narrower string spacing for pedaling off the E and A strings, as well as skipping strings when wanking...

Comment

I have the Floyd Rose Pro in my RR3, and I love it. Low profile allows me better muting control and it just fits my playing better. It does not feel like it is in the way like the original trem felt. Plus the chrome work just looks better, IMO.

Stays in tune, and the only time I have to retune is when the temperature changes drastically. It was well worth the work putting it in.

Comment

Only thing to keep in mind for the D'Tuna users.........D'Tuna will not work with FRP because of the location of the string lock screws.

Comment

Thanks guys.
                            Thus far, seems like it's unanimous that the FR Pro is a good trem.

Is it a straight replacement for an original FR? In other words, can you just
                            swap it out?
                            GM,
                            www.aftershok.com

Comment

Thanks guys.
                              Thus far, seems like it's unanimous that the FR Pro is a good trem.

Is it a straight replacement for an original FR? In other words, can you just
                              swap it out?
                              nope it uses a different route- the specs for it are on the floydrose website
                              My Guitars
                              Hohner HW-200 (Natrual Grain)
                              Slammer By Hamer XP-1 Standard (Wine Red)
                              Kramer 1984 Custom (Bullseye Black)
                              Squier Affinity Series P-Bass (Black)
                              Epiphone Les Paul Classic (Black)
                              Takamine EG531SSC (Black)
                              Kramer Vanguard S-440S
                              Kramer Proaxe Standard (Black Sparkle)
                              Epiphone Zakk Wylde Les Paul Custom (Camo)
                              Kramer F-1000 (Black)
                              Ibanez RG-370 (Urban Digital Camo)

Comment

Working...
                              X