Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hearing the radio

got this very annoying problem

when i plug in my DK2S to my spider 2 112 i hear the radio in the background as i play! it only happens to my DK2S and not the other guitars. when im on the clean channel you cant hear it but as soon as i give the clean a drive boost or switch to distortion channel i can hear it in the background, it gets very annoying.

any solutions to this problem? '

it only happens with a combination of this guitar and amp.. if i plug another guitar in to the same amp it doesnt happen, if i plug in this guitar to a different amp, it doesnt happen
    If the crowd is shouting for an encore, but the sound guy is shaking his head, ignore him and play anyway

Does it only occur with certain pup selections? If on all, try a different cord,
    and check the ground wire.
    Last edited by Cygnus X1; 10-28-2007, 07:52 AM.

Comment

Just out of my ass.....

clean == can't hear interference/radio
      dist -or- boost == can hear it

would mean the interference is coming from between the preamp's initial gain stage (where the distortion occurs) and the output to the speaker(s).

What are the other guitars you tried on that amp? And like Cygnus mentioned, what pickup combinations did you try out?
      "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
      The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Dk2s has the sustainer, right? Does switching that on and off have anything to do with it?

Comment

trade it in for a charvel :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:
          don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining
          http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/e...597cebb139.jpg

Comment

switching the sustainer on and off does not make a difference. the other i tried on that amp is a regular dk2 which i had for a while... cant hear the radio..

when nothing is plugged in but the cable, when the tip touches something metallic i can hear the radio very well.. when i plug in my dk2 i cant when i plug in my dk2s i can...

the more output the more radio.. maybe i cant hear on the dk2 because the DD pickups are weaker than SD
            If the crowd is shouting for an encore, but the sound guy is shaking his head, ignore him and play anyway

Comment

Maybe this is an oversimplification but, sounds like a simple shielding problem. Shielding the cavities just might cure the broadcasts from hell. Might even try using a high end cord. I suggest Mogami (is there anything else really worth mentioning?). You pretty much have ruled out a block of possible causes since it seems to only happen w/the one guitar and not others. I'd start with shielding and a top notch cable. One, the other or both, just might do it.
              In an insane world, only the sane seem crazy.

Comment

it happens... there are many many reasons why and not to many of them have anything to do with your guitar.
                Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Dont worry about it and just jam along with the radio
                  If your mum stabbed ya you wouldnt get upset... You would say ' Ohhh shit mum stabbed me! I better go to a hospital'. - Chopper

Comment

sometimes i get the radio coming in thorough my amp when im using my js30rr...and like 99% of the time it is some christian worship station

Comment

Good oppurtunity to play some black metal!
                      If your mum stabbed ya you wouldnt get upset... You would say ' Ohhh shit mum stabbed me! I better go to a hospital'. - Chopper

Comment

Working...
                      X