Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fret-job recommendations?

Hi everyone.

I hope I'm in the best spot for this question. I just found this board/website yesterday & it looks like a nice place to visit

I have (what I believe is) an '86 (not sure of the year but this is another story) Jackson which came brand new as per the original order with some sort of unique & funky (& unknown) fret type that I never cared for. I don't like them because they feel like tall, skinny, obstructive speed-bumps under my fingers rather than the smooth, physical seque they should act as. They were custom-ordered as per whoever ordered it new. I've lived with it only because I can't seem to find anyone who would be interested in doing a replacement job for me. I played a friend's mid-80's Jackson recently & I LOVED it. His played as nice as my '91 Jackson Professional 'V' - which plays unbelievably smooth. The frets on his axe were flatter & wider - of which the latter doesn't make sense to me - but I absolutely loved the smoothness of the neck as a whole. He says they're the stock factory frets from when he bought it brand new. I live in northern NJ & I'm hoping someone may know of a good, appreciative, caring, & QUALIFIED luthier who would like the job.

Exception: My hangup is that I will not ship it. I'll drive to Oz & back & spend 2 or 3 nights in a motel but shipping is not an option.

P.S. - It's a 1-piece neck-thru.

Would anyone know anyone or have any recommendations?

Thanks very much,
    Spacehog
    Last edited by Spacehog; 10-25-2007, 08:29 AM.

yeah i know a guy on longisland does great fret work. larry fitzgerald.

Comment

I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

lmao That 'picket-line' was hilarious!

I'll take pics this w/e at home & have them Monday. I'll follow up on this same thread with them. Am I allowed to directly attach them? I've seen other posts with pics attached/embedded so I guess I can(?) Either way, I'll have them Mon morn.

And I'll look up Larry on L.I. & see what he says. Thanks.
        If anyone has any other recommendations, please feel free to let me know. Thanks again.

Regards,
        Spacehog

Comment

Working...
        X