Wah question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wah question

Ive got a crybaby wah pedal. It does not stay in the up position (heel down). The weight of the pedal brings it back to toe down. None of the wah pedals on any of my floorboards are like this. Is this normal? Or is there some way to increase the tension or is there a spring or something. I see a metal strap that goes over the hinge pin that has grease on it. Is that supposed to create the tension? Or is there some adjustment inside? Is this a common problem with these units? Otherwise it works great.

Ok, maybe my post was a bit confusing. All I want to know is if the pedal is supposed to stay put in the position its in when you take your foot off it or if its supposed to flop to toe down and not hold the position.

Comment

Well, i've never owned a dunlop crybaby, but i don't think a wah pedal that doesn't stay in position would be very useful.... especially if you just use it just as tone filter.
      "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
      The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Never had this with my Dunlop original Crybaby.
        Remove the bottom
        1. loosen screw
        2. push against post that turns the cog
        mine has grease on the both sides of the post
        I didn't actually try this as mine isn't "broke" so I don't want to "fix" it

">
        Last edited by Bri; 10-27-2007, 01:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bri View Post
          Never had this with my Dunlop original Crybaby.
          Remove the bottom
          1. loosen screw
          2. push against post that turns the cog
          mine has grease on the both sides of the post

">
          You know, I took it apart and saw that. I sad nah, that stupid wire hold down clamp couldnt be the thing that controls the tension. Mine happens to be white and its greased just like that. Is that the only thing that creates tension on the pedal? Is that a fix that someone told you for this model with that problem? I was leaning more towards the metal strap that goes over the pedal hinge pin. Maybe a combo of the 2?

Comment

Originally posted by delt View Post
            Well, i've never owned a dunlop crybaby, but i don't think a wah pedal that doesn't stay in position would be very useful.... especially if you just use it just as tone filter.
            Exactly, its my first crybaby too. I just wanted to check before declaring it "broken"

Comment

It's supposed to stay put.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Nobody told me, I used my infinite wisdom

I took the pedal off mine. This told me two things. My suggestion above should do it. There was plenty of tension at that point alone. Secondly, You don't want to remove the pin. There is very little adjustment to that metal strap and it is a real pain to get the pin under that strap again. It took me half an hour of trying to pry it up while pounding the pin back in.

Comment

Never had that with the crybabies I've had...

You could add weight to the heel...
                  Jason Becker / Paul Gilbert Wannabe

Comment

uhm... that would be "AIN'T BROKE" mister

but really, think about it: all this fuss just to control a 10k pot with your foot... imagine if we were apes?? So much for the evolution theory - either that or we lost something in the process

seriously, imagine 20 "finger" tapping
                    "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
                    The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Hey guys, thanks for the input on this. Im gonna try the above mentioned fix. Bri, just one more question. Was there grease on the pin, where the strap went over it, on yours?

Comment

hey man stop!! i got your problem. my english isnt perfect so i will try to explain it. did you get a allen wrench with your crybaby. it is a long allen wrench with a red strap behind it.there is a little allen hole on the back of mechanism wich is in the middle of the the pedals moving part (the upper layer) and the main body of the pedal. if you want to loosen the pedal turn the wrench clockwise. to increase the tension do it non clockwise. i had the same problem 1 month ago and now my cfh crybaby is stronger then ever.

Comment

Interesting. I cannot find this hole. I only see the hole for knocking out the little pin to remove the plastic actuator from the pedal. Do I have to remove the bottom plate? I also noticed that the pedal part is rotating on the shaft instead of turning the shaft with it. This seems to be my problem as far as I can see. Maybe there is something under the rubber on the pedal? Where exactly is this hole located? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
                            Interesting. I cannot find this hole.
                            That's because it's not on your pedal. It's the "adjustable rocker torque" on the Dimebag and Zakk Wylde Crybabies.
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

really? oh i didnt noticed that. sorry for the confusion

Comment

Working...
                              X