Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dunlop Tortex® Black Gold Jazz Picks

JIM DUNLOP TORTEX® Black Gold Picks

Anyone try these before? Are they the same as regular Jazz picks? I was thinking of ordering some in 1.14mm gauge and would like some opinions on these picks since these and regular Jazz picks are not available in Canada. I've only tried those Stubby picks and I believe they're Jazz size... very tiny...

The thing is that I'm very comfortable with the Tear Drop shape because they are a wonderful size but the tips are not sharp enough for me.

What do you recommend?

Re: Dunlop Tortex® Black Gold Jazz Picks

They do appear to be Jazz shape, however there's a difference between the Tortex Jazz and the Nylon Jazz (Jazz III). I prefer the red Jazz III. The Tortex seemed too wimpy IMO. They wear down quick. I've also got a couple that are warped from use (thumb curve). None of the reds did that - they just wear down.
    Plus, I always had to file the Tortex edges before I could use em.

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Wow, I'm not the only one. Sometimes those Tortex picks have molding seams around them. I needed to whip out the file and scrape them down. I switched over to the black Gator Grips and haven't had that problem since.

Comment

I've used those black Gator Grips for the longest time but they weren't sharp enough. Then I tried the Jazz Stubbies but they were too small. Then I tried the 1.14mm purple Tortex Tear Drops and have liked them the best, but weren't sharp enough.

To get an idea of how much I generally wear down picks with my aggressive playing, I'll repost this picture:

Comment

if you guys like the Stubbies but find them too small, have you checked out the Big Stubby?
          Hail yesterday

Comment

Those aren't available where I live. Plus, I just thought about it: Stubbies are MUCH too thick for me. That's another reason why I switched from the Stubbies to the Tear Drop Tortex 1.14mm ones.

Comment

Working...
            X