Floyd Rose Sustain Block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd Rose Sustain Block

I have a floyd rose trem that I'm preparing to drop into a Charvel standard..upon investigation I discovered that the floyd rose I had purcased was a low profile version and the guitar I had planned on modifying has no routing to accomodate the low profile bridge..Does anyone know where I can get a longer sustain block for my floyd?..or am I s.o.l..

All Parts sell long blocks. Well I thought the did. All I could find on their site was the short block. I could have sworn I had bought them there before.
    Just one more guitar!

Comment

http://guitarpartsdepot.com/Merchant...-Tremolo-Parts
      Just one more guitar!

Comment

I just took a peek at all of my usual Floyd parts sites, and I didn't see anyone with a 42mm block. Since you have to replace it anyways, I'd keep your eyes out for a brass sustain block, like this one on the bay right now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/BIG-BLOCK-SUSTAI...QQcmdZViewItem

They work really well. Frankenstraat.com used to sell them also. Otherwise, Dave at fretsonthenet.com can make one for you that's standard sized.

Comment

Those are crappy pot metal blocks.
          You need to find a real brass block.
          -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
            Those are crappy pot metal blocks.
            You need to find a real brass block.
            Ok, here

http://guitarpartsdepot.com/Merchant...oyd-Rose-Parts

I've bought a block from these guys - no issues.

Comment

They've only got the 32mm now for some reason. Allparts too. I swear it wasn't hard to locate a 42mm block just a few months ago, but I've been checking & having no luck at the usual places today. I need to put a long block on a JT-590 for a project I've been putting off. Guess I might have to shell out for one of those Big Blocks on eBay.

Comment

It only says 32 because they are out of stock on the other ones... give them a call and ask when theyre getting them in, shell usually atleast give you a rough idea.
                Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

I have bought several from here:

http://www.divebombinc.com/results.aspx?cID=4

42mm and solid brass.

I was looking at the one on Ebay, and in fact I have followed a few of their auctions on the sustain blocks. Not trying to suggest that there is "shill bidding" going on, but for some reason their auctions seem to have "someone" making 30 bids, at 1 minute increments until it reaches a more normal price. Don't quite understand it.

Comment

Thanks Outlaw1969 and the rest of you guys for pointing me in the right direction..Hell, I'll drop the $53 for that sustain block..then my Charvel Standard will be up to par..Thanks guys..

Comment

Sorry for the hijack, but will a brass-block make a huge difference? And would one fit my JT-6?
                      My bands page: www.myspace.com/wartexmetal

Comment

No it wont fit the JT6, the screw holes are different. As for that block, its a BIG waste of money. $10 for a solid OFR block from GPD, or $53 for this and it wont make too much more of a difference. I promise.
                        Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Those big blocks were first offered with a BIN of around $80. Then they changed to an auction format. The first one went for around $45, then the rest a little higher. I haven't studied the auctions to see if something funny is going on to keep them in a certain price range, but I'll keep that in mind.
                          Last edited by DonP; 10-25-2007, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
                            As for that block, its a BIG waste of money. $10 for a solid OFR block from GPD, or $53 for this and it wont make too much more of a difference. I promise.
                            LOL! You'll get throw out of the LesPaulForum with an attitude like that

They are convinced to get the ultimate tone you must use a $40-$200 Aluminum tailpiece (as opposed to the stock zinc tail) and $40 Steel studs (as opposed to the stock brass ones).

I've been a sucker and have bitten (and still do) into this shit, but comparing tone changes in hardware to a pickup, amp or speaker change is silly - you'll never notice it.

Comment

Curious. Do all OFR's and JT580LP's come with 42mm sustain blocks or are they different? I'm too lazy to take one off one my guitars to find out.
                              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Working...
                              X