Emg HZ some FAQ's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emg HZ some FAQ's

Emg Hz sounds really Falt , and Muddy dose it suppose to do that?
    i can even hear the flat sound of the notes striked,
    without the AfterBurner Gain it sounds really week and Flat!

whyEMG have made such a Passive pickup, which totally suck without the Emg-AfterBurner??
    im new to Humbuckers and pickup stuff i was using an ibanez with INF pups before i had a Jackson DKMG

another Thought is that buy applying some amount of Gain with Emg-AB it sounds really really GOOD!
    and the Flat sound of note plucking is gone

What dose Push/Pull is suppose to do??
    Rotating EMG-AB knob Provides gain , but wht is the Push/Pull Function??
    In God we Trust, All others must pay cash :ROTF:

The push/pull is supposed to be off/on for the boost.
    Source: http://www.emginc.com/downloads/wiri...ams/EMG-AB.pdf

Those HZ pickups I've heard have all sounded very uninspiring. That being said though, I'd first look to the amp if I felt my tone was lacking, and after that, I'd look for other pickups.

Comment

When I stop buying other gear, I may just upgrade to actives. Presumably both HZ's are identical in the 2004 WRMG, which pair are they "supposed to" immitate? 81, 85, 60 or another pup?
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

i read some where that H3 is 81 and H4 is 85!!
        In God we Trust, All others must pay cash :ROTF:

Comment

It depends on what kind of EMG HZ's you're talking about. The H3's that come in a few Jacksons really blow. They have no life to them. Now, the H4's are supposed to emulate the 81's and the H4A's are supposed to be like the 85. Those H4's sound great. They're not too far off from the active pickups in terms of EQ'ng. I've owned and still own both active and passive EMGs. You really can't go wrong with either except I'm not a fan of the H3.

Comment

EMG are said to be "lifeless" "sterile" by many. But because the actives are some damn cool and unique I guess. Its impossible to replicate that in a passive. So EMGs passive sound like plain arse...

However the H4 I had in my JS30KV made things sound much better....
            That was until I tried some Lace Drop and Gains...which were just plain extreme...but very nice

Either way...I would avoid them next time round. Only tried actives twice. Too complicated for me. Much more of a Dimarzios passive fanboy
            Jason Becker / Paul Gilbert Wannabe

Comment

Just give me a Marshall JMP and some 85 Jap fender single coils and I'll rule the world before morning.No pedals just crank it and let the amp do the work
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
              X