Ibanez RBM10 Tremolo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibanez RBM10 Tremolo

I'm all over the web, and Ibanez sites trying to find out exactly what trem will fit into the Korean RBM10 (Reb Beach production model). One source states it's a "TRS", another says "Lopro edge", etc.
    There are both listed at guitar parts depot, and more, but I'm not sure which one will fit. I know the baseplate on the Floyd that I stuck in there is too big.
    The center post distance is 1.875" (center to center), just shy of 48 mm.

Any ideas?
    Thanks

The stock bridge was a LO TRS.
    I do believe an Edge trem will not fit as the post spacing is a tad wider on the Edge.

-Rick

Comment

So, I guess this would be the one?

Found it at Guitar Parts Depot.

Comment

Rick is right. Stock was a LO-TRS. Not a great trem, not horrible by any means but not the best...

And an Edge will not fit in it for the reasons Rick described. But an OFR should fit as well as the Schallers and Gotohs...

EDIT: I think the LO TRS and the TRS 101 were a bit different. But I think that one would fit...
        Last edited by Bengal; 10-22-2007, 05:25 PM.
        I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

I'm thinking this one, in gold, would be closest to original. It's listed for 118.00. So is the "TRS" different from the "Lo-TRS"?

Comment

The LO meant it was low profile. That's it. Nothing more than that...

This page has some pics...

http://www.ibanez.com/parts/2002_PAR...molo_unit.html

Comment

Thanks RJ & Bengal, shouldn't be a problem, as long as they have it in stock.
              TexasFury actually had it right the first time, also, on chat. I was mislead on the Jem site. Y'all ROCK!

Comment

I would put a want ad on Jemsite for one. Most of those dudes over there hate that trem and someone may have one lying around for cheap...

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
                  I would put a want ad on Jemsite for one. Most of those dudes over there hate that trem and someone may have one lying around for cheap...
                  It seems like that was one of the reasons I was mislead...like "you don't want that trem on it"...Well, I'm not so sure this particular guitar is worthy of a 250 dollar trem, either.

Comment

I have that guitar, the trem isnt bad at all. And I own Original Floyd Rose guitars and Edge Prop and Lo-Pro Edge guitars, it sucks that a floyd doesnt fit nicely on it though.

Comment

I don't know why they don't like them. I had an ibanez that had that trem and liked a lot. parted the guitar out though. It's was made by the same company that made the good JT580 trems back in the 90's.

This is a picutre of the one I still have( not for sale)

It came off of an EX370. Much nicer of a guitar then the low end RGs that are so popular.

Comment

Working...
                      X