Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Luthier supplies - could someone in the U.S. help me out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luthier supplies - could someone in the U.S. help me out?

I need some ivoroid binding strips from Luthier's Merchantile Intl. (http://www.lmii.com - item "PBII") that they no longer ship to Canada because of some corporate regulations or something. I bought some from them a few years ago but i'm all out, and i need to fix a neck with broken bindings

Does anyone happen to either:

- live in the U.S. and be willing to relay the shipping to me, or

- know where else i can find these same ivoroid binding strips? (these are the ones that Jackson/Charvel use on most of their guitars, the ones with a slight "zebra" pattern along the length)

Thanks for any assistance, if you can help please PM me.
    "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
    The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

http://axinc.net/

Awhile back they had the best prices on ivoroid.

Got some from grizzly a while back too.

Comment

Stewmac.com
      Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
      http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

Thanks!!

Do you know if either Axiom or Grizzly will ship celluloid strips to Canada? I'll probably try calling them tomorrow.
        "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]

Comment

Originally posted by delt View Post
          Thanks!!

Do you know if either Axiom or Grizzly will ship celluloid strips to Canada? I'll probably try calling them tomorrow.

Sorry, been a few days since I've stopped in.... I dunno for sure if either will ship to canada or not. Now most of this has to be sent as a hazardous item, and could cause a lot of issues sending it to canada.

Mike, Stew dropped nitrocellulose from their entire catalog about 7-8 plus months ago because of the hazardous materials issue.

Comment

.... alright, WHO THE FUCK passed that "hazardous plastic strips" law............... i'll make that cocksucker swallow enough celluloid nitrowahtever to save him a lifetime of hydro bills±@£¢¬%£¦#!!!!!!!!

Here's what Axiom replied to my e-mail regarding shipping to Canada:

Because the binding is made from Celluloid Nitrate, it's classified as a "Hazardous Material" and is expensive to ship. The surcharge applies only to US orders, any shipments to Canada will have to be done over the phone and the shipping to Canada is around $150.00 US.
            150 FUCKING DOLLARS and that's + the $20 fee they add for hazmat, even for ppl in the u.s....

So, um.... anyone in the U.S. who is NOT dictated by these bullshit hazmat laws (ie. civilians iirc) willing to make a trip to their local post office and ask a few questions?

Comment

Hell, at this point, why not use automotive tape, like that thread from Number Of The Priest?
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I'll check into it- My brother in law is a Post Master.

If - when talking to him he raises any redflags, I wouldn't do it. Otherwise, I'd be willing. I'll call him tonight, and hopefully he can get back to me on it tomorrow or tues.

If there are red flags, I would not be willing to take that risk.... Y'all know what I did for work the last 3 years.... but I was actually a US Postal worker for a short time prior to that.... I didnt like it- But that's where my screename comes from. I also like guns! I often wear a mail man shirt to the gun range- SERIOUSLY! It's friggin hysterical! I always get comments on that!

********update***********

Got off the phone with the brother in law.... says that's a big NO NO because intl shipping package likely to be inspected at border. Says flammables would be reported to FBEYE. He told me, that he'd rather me ship pot than a flammable, that there would be far less repercussions.... Not that I have anything to do with pot mind you-

Sorry, but I'm not willing to take the chance.

Comment

thanks for checking it out Postal......

Comment

Working...
                  X