Extra-crappy 3-way switches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extra-crappy 3-way switches

I've wired up a couple Jacksons recently with 3-way switches from Allparts. I didn't pay much attention to them, and don't know if they are CTS or Switchcraft or whatever. All I know is, I solder everything cleanly, am careful with the parts, avoid contamination with oils, vacuum out shavings, etc, and have a lot of issues with intermittent connections on these damn things over time. I completely disassemble the switches and clean them with contact cleaner, and they are fine for a month or two. Then, no sound out of the guitar until you wiggle the switch. I've heard similar complaints from a luthier friend of mine. So, what's the deal? Where do I find the high quality switches?

Try Stew-Mac? I have been satisfied with the quality of the parts I've gotten so far. I'm a long time fan of switchcraft products.

Comment

Switchcraft. You can't go wrong.
      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Toggle or blade?
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

www.guitarpartsresource.com is one. I have found that the pots sold by StewMac are junk imports. GPR has CTS pots and Switchcraft switches. They do stock some Allparts generic stuff (most hardware), but they state in their descriptions what each component is. I get quite a few parts from them. Also, RS Guitar Works has super quality parts and "Hot Rodded" Super Pots. www.rsguitarworks.net
          Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Working...
          X