Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body Types

Guys,

I need to know if I'm crazy I tried out a PRS Singlecut today, this was my first time playing a "Les Paul" style body and I had a little difficulty playing it. I was attempting to play sitting down and it just seemed very unbalanced, I was having to "Hold" the neck while I played so that it would not tip over the side of my leg (to the right, I am right handed). I am a bodybuilder and have pretty large thighs (I can't buy pants off the rack) but I have never had any issue with a "Strat" type body before - I tried several Single cuts and it just seemed like they are all too bottom heavy.

Has anyone else had this issue? I would like to know if this is a normal feeling with this guitar body type.

Re: Body Types

Single cut guitars are weird for me to play sitting down as well.

Comment

I think it is because of the contour of the bit that rests on your leg. Its always very slipery and doesn't help you balance it very well. I've gotten used to it though

Comment

I have that too with singlecuts.. for me it's not a big problem 'cause I don't like 'em anyway [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I thought it was only me! Hehe, I have large thighs too and I got rid of my LP-style cos of that.

James

Comment

Working...
          X