Bad ground Right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad ground Right?

I keep having issues with my DK2T... Its buzzy bad, and when I touch anything metal thats connected to the electronics (knobs, switch/screws, amp switches, etc) the buzzing stops. this is just a bad ground on it right? I'm guessing it has to do with the jack ground? My others do not do this.

EDIT: I mean other guitars.

Yep sounds like a bad ground to me. Make sure everything is getting grounded to the bridge.
    Scott

Comment

Its not the bridge ground, as its not a Floyd It also doesn't go away when I touch the bridge, just anything connected to my electronics... I twisted the jack around a good bit the other day by accident, did I break that ground wire?

Comment

Hey man, I have made some mods to my DK2T and since then when I plug in a patch, I'm asking myself "why did I ever have the noise gate threshold so high"?

Whatever grounding connections I did, I could not get rid of the noise that was just absent from the sl2ht. I even tried copper shielding on the insides and over the controls. No use.

I disconnected the tone knob, took it out and put in a 2-way toggle switch that I got from radio shack. I disconnected the blade switch and connected the pups to the toggle. Not only does the guitar sound much clear and tight, most of the humming has gone away! If possible, replace all the electronics and you will have a gem in your hands.
        Sam

Comment

I wonder if it is a switch... Mine is wired 2 Volumes to the stock 3 way blade. Maybe I'll try replacing it and see what happens.

Comment

2 volumes?? You mean a vol and a tone. Yes, essentially, I replaced my blade switch with a toggle.
            Sam

Comment

I rewired mine Volume/Volume as I never used the tone.

Comment

Sounds like the jack ground may have gotten fraid when you spun the jack.
                Try re-connecting it. The hum should go away. If the hum is still there. Check the switch to see if it's grounded to anything. If not run a wire from the volume pot chassis. To the switch screw and that should take care of the hum.
                Gil

Comment

So solder the ground right to the switch screw from the volume pot? there is a ground from the pot to the switch, but its on one of the little metal tabs thats part of the casing.

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
                    So solder the ground right to the switch screw from the volume pot? there is a ground from the pot to the switch, but its on one of the little metal tabs thats part of the casing.
                    then the switch is already grounded! Mine was grounded too, but still the guitar hummed like a old lady would while loading a washing machine!
                    Sam

Comment

Hmm. Jackson must use cheapass switches that have issues. I have another one I can try, as I have get the iron out to do work on a couple other guitars.

Comment

Working...
                      X