omfmfmfmfingod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• omfmfmfmfingod

Im learning pull me under, and metropolis by dream theatre, and its kicking my ass.

I remember being much better, then I bought all this stuff, now I suck.

What the hell happened!

Re: omfmfmfmfingod

[img]graemlins/help.gif[/img]

You are going through Manthisguyshredsandkicksmyass-itis.

Symptoms include-
    Frustration
    Cursing
    Small bouts of anger
    Fingers/picking hand not able to play the part in question

And in some rare cases-
    guitars flying at high velocity through the nearest window

And in VERY rare cases-
    Said guitar being burnt to a crisp, or put through a wood chipper

Those Affected-
    This is common among guitar players..espc those who listen to "progressive Rock/Metal", high velocity "death/thrash Metal" and "Shred".

Treatment-
    The only sure cure to this affliction is:
    1. A metronome
    2.Hours of practice

This is the only way that we know at this time to cure this annoying malady. Those who apply this treatment over a long period of time seem to have a 100% recovery rate.

Comment

Maybe it's the most obvious reason: you just remember wrong and never were able to play those... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] j/k [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

I have the music for the 6 degrees of inner turbulence. HAHA, I can't play that crap...well parts of it I can. I can bust the keyboard parts out easy though. I don't see why people think that guy is really any good. Anybody with about 6 years of regular piano study can do it. It's a bunch of octaves played fast. I had 12 years of classical piano....I should buy a big ass kurzweiler and go to town. I would be the coolest keyboardist ever. But man...my fingers just can't keep up with pettrucci...the rhythmn parts are easy..but tyring to play the leads just messes me up...I'm not good at keeping strings muted so it just turns into incoherent noise after a while. I need to practice more.

Comment

WEll, just put in consistent practice time every day and it'll come back quicker than you think. The key is EVERY
          day; miss one and you notice, miss two and you really feel sluggish.

Plus Dream Theater is much MUCH more difficult than any of that Ozzy stuff.
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

agreed...but dream theater is not impossible to play, just requires a lot of patience...d.m.
            http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Different timings mess me up, im used to like 4/4 ya know, standard metal/ rock timings.

I think I will have this song, most of it anyway by weeks end. The solos will take awhile.

I have been learning some metallica solos until I cannot stomach them. it is my way of trying to exercise my fingers a bit, and the Metallica solos are not super duper incredibly hard.

I just need to get better for my own personal gain, you dont have to be super good to play good music, but being good to please yourself it super good [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I felt the same way when I started learning Tony Macalpine and Vinnie Moore stuff. Still can't handle Greg Howe and George Bellas though.
                I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

I dont think I could ever play this stuff, but I know before I could do like Rhoads solos ala crowley, and train, but now its like. . my hand just wont do it.

I need to practice more, and more and more. this stop practicing and you get worse is [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

Comment

oh believe me, i keep all of our stuff in 4/4, less to worry about and easier to cut your mind off and play...different time signatures can be done though...when kearning his solos, pay attention esp. to the timing of his lower notes, he's very lyrical...d.m.
                    http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Working...
                    X