Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online tabs SUCK!

[img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img]
    I've always been blessed with a good ear, so I usually don't need tabs at all. But.... sometimes I like to see other people's interpretation of a piece of music. The problem is that most of the online tabs are just plain WRONG. What's even worse is that when someone posts a dead wrong tab, it suddenly appears as the gospel on every other tab site out there.

The biggest problem is when the NOTES are correct, but the technique used is way off. I see this more often than not. The actual fingering is a very critical part of any piece of music. If you follow a tab and the notes are correct, you're thinking, "yep. It's right," because you're playing it slowly at first. Then when you try to play it at speed, forget it, because the fingering is incorrect.

Okay, just letting off some steam.
    [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Re: Online tabs SUCK!

If the online tabs were good. The person would be able to sell them to someone.

Comment

ever seen the Crazy Train solo tabbed on one string? Funny stuff! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
      Hail yesterday

Comment

While most of the tabs are just plain wrong a few guys do a good work. But how anyone could think Crazy Train solo is played on one string is just beyond me...

Death Warp had good tabs the last time I checked. Especially those by Jeremy Disten himself... and oh, they had At the Gates tabs corrected by Anders Björler! Cool ( of him )!

Comment

Another classic is the kid who tabbed the intro to Spirit of Radio, by Rush, as 2-hand tapping.

Comment

Every time i see the master of puppets solo on line, it's different lol. first it's 3 pull offs, and only 2 picks, then 2 pull offs, and 4 picks, then i read the tab book and the 2nd version is right, then i watch the video and the 1st version is right, then i watch another video, and the 2nd version is right, and it gets all confusing, until i give up and play it MY way lol. Then Ryann gets mad and tells me i played it wrong lol.

Ima just figure songs out by ear now, and use the Tabs to find the root note only, then i'll find my way out from there >.< lol.

Comment

Man I wish I could play by ear. I always have to look for tabs, and then they usally don't sound right. Like ballad of jayne is way wrong.
              I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Wellz the 1 thing i'm having such a hard time playing is SRV's Hidaway from one of his live albums. I watched Hammett try to do it, and he messed up on it too. o.O does anyone know what i'm talkin about?

Comment

Was that John mayalls blesbreakers hideaway? My teacher has trouble with that. I have the tab Book for that if you want a scan of it?

Comment

Originally posted by Drsracing:
                    Man I wish I could play by ear. I always have to look for tabs, and then they usally don't sound right. Like ballad of jayne is way wrong.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">My ear wasn't that good until I joined my first band. The bass player was VERY good with figuring things out, so he helped me a lot.

Comment

*thinks* probably lol. ^.^ That'd be coolies though if you could! Thank you so much!!! *hugz*

Comment

*hugz* thank you so much!!!

Comment

You got mail

Comment

just in case you don't have private msg on
                            Sorry if they look a bit yellow. I had to use a camera.
                            1 1 1

Comment

Working...
                            X