Reverb Question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reverb Question...

I'm looking for a decent reverb to run with my JMP-1.
    One store is swearing by the EH Holy Grail, but I love BOSS stuff.
    Any recommendations or opinions on the EH over BOSS?

I have an RV3 that I like a lot. They supposedly sound better than the newer RV5. I use it with my Framus Cobra and I have used it on unfamiliar amps and it sounds very good to me.

Never heard a Holy Grail. But I am satisfied with the sound of the Boss.
    PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

I've been watching a couple of the RV-3s on the bay.
      Thanks.

Anyone else?

Comment

I've used several BOSS modelers/multi-fx units (gt-3, gx-700, gt-pro) and always been very happy with the reverbs on those. Sound good, and more versatile than i'll probably ever need, like pretty much everything made by Boss.
        "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
        The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

thanks, I think I'm leaning toward the BOSS, it just seems more versitle

Comment

Not to sound like a prick, but shouldn't this thread be under the "Amps and effects" forum?

the holy grail can "thin" out your sound in most cases. The boss reverb pedal is good.
            Sam

Comment

i sold my boss one awhile back and i regret it....its a great reverb
              ----------
              Gear Action - Washburn Dime 2ST Pro, BC Rich NT Jr. V w/EMG, Dean DFH/CFH, Dean V-Coustic, Jackson USA KV2, Peavey 5150 II, Randall 412CXM, BBE 362 Sonic maximizer, Alesis 3630 noise gate

Comment

thanks guys, even you prick sounding guy I just bought the RV-5 off ebay, so I guess the decision has been made.

P.S.
                sorry 'bout the wrong place to post.

Comment

If you think the Boss reverb sounds too digital or too thin, try the Line6's verbzilla or something.
                  Sam

Comment

cool, thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X