jackson wrmg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jackson wrmg

Hallo. I bought this wonderful guitar in the beginning of July. I haven't changed strings yet. Yesterday i noticed that floyd rose near one of the stud bolts is a bit lower than another one. The machine keeps tuning perfectly. But i wonder is this should be like that? machine should be parallel with the body (angle should be 0) ? Should it be in the same height as body? maybe somebody have a photo from the side, where position of floyd is clearly seen.

Thanks for you help

I have a hard time comprehending your english, but if you mean that the bridge posts are adjusted to different heights, it is perfectly normal in most cases. Turning the posts lets you adjust how high the strings are above the fretboard.

Comment

Yes, i wanted to say that. And if i want to do both sides in same height i should remove the whole tremolo and only then turn the post? and as i understood it doesn't matter in what height will it be?or it should o totally in the same line as body?

Comment

Originally posted by eisas View Post
        Yes, i wanted to say that. And if i want to do both sides in same height i should remove the whole tremolo and only then turn the post? and as i understood it doesn't matter in what height will it be?or it should o totally in the same line as body?
        It should be adjusted for optimum string height. The relationship to the body shouldn't matter.

Comment

And if i want to do both sides in same height i should remove the whole tremolo and only then turn the post?
          Yes, that is the method I recommend for guitars with licensed bridges. On a bridge with pivot edges made of hardened steel (Schaller, OFR), you can just adjust the posts without taking the tremolo off, but you have to be more careful with cheaper tremolo systems. I ruined the knife edges on my Jackson JT-580 when I adjusted the posts while the guitar was strung up and tuned to pitch.

...and as i understood it doesn't matter in what height will it be?or it should o totally in the same line as body?
          Err...no. Like Cygnus already mentioned; the poles affect the height level of the strings. Only adjust the poles if you feel your strings are either too low or too high.

Comment

Usually you'd want the small strings closer to the frets (because they buzz less) so that side of the bridge will be lower.
            "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
            The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Now, the small strings are a bit higher The tremolo should go straight from the post (parallel with the body)? it shouldn't make an angle with a body, right?

Comment

Now, the small strings are a bit higher The tremolo should go straight from the post (parallel with the body)? it shouldn't make an angle with a body, right?
                Yes, you're correct. Regardless of the string height you choose (by adjusting the posts at either side as described), the tremolo should sit parallel with the body. If it doesn't, undo the nut, slacken off the strings. Then wedge the tremolo with something so it sits flat with the body. Then bring up to pitch again and check that the tremelo sits flat once the wedge is removed. If it doesn't, you might have to adjust the springs.

Comment

Thanks guys :]

Comment

Working...
                  X