TREMSETTER - Pros & Cons...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TREMSETTER - Pros & Cons...

I am interested in installing a 'Tremsetter' and have read they aid return to zero and help keeping the guitar in tune.
    I still want to be able to pull back on the trem once installed, will this be possible?

Please can anybody give me some advice on the pros & cons?

Thanks

Originally posted by Magou View Post
    I still want to be able to pull back on the trem once installed, will this be possible?
    Short answer: Yes.

For more info about the tremsetter, check out Henrik's excellent Tremsetter review/installation guide: http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/Tremsetter.htm

Comment

Thank you Sunbane,
      Great link, much appreciated

Comment

I haven't tried one myself, but I've heard that you lose the ability to do fluttering with a tremsetter.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
          I haven't tried one myself, but I've heard that you lose the ability to do fluttering with a tremsetter.
          ive heard that too, but ive seen Vai flutter his Edge trems, and he uses a tremsetter...so i dont know! LOL
          My metal band Lucian Scott
          Debut Album Defiance on the Steps of Heaven
          Available Now!
          New Album Coming Soon!

Lucian Scott Soundclick

Soundclick page : clips and jams

Comment

Also haven't tried it myself, but theoretically it should just make it a bit harder, but still possible, since you need to put -juuust- the right amount of pressure for the trem to get past its "zero" point - which depends on how tight you set the tremsetter.
            "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
            The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Originally posted by soc_monki View Post
              ive heard that too, but ive seen Vai flutter his Edge trems, and he uses a tremsetter...so i dont know! LOL
              Vai uses a tremsetter? Didn't know that.

Comment

On the same topic, i'm still on my magical quest to find the ideal material to use as a "squishy" trem block that would add a good deal of stability to the trem, but still allow slight pull-ups
                "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
                The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

You lose the flutter with the Tremsetter.
                  Henrik
                  AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Working...
                  X