Help with a color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with a color

Hi I am pickin up carbuffs old dinky hx and I wanna give it a repaint. Looking for a color that is traditionally refered to as tequilla sunrise (at least in fishing lures).

Its a tangerine/pinkish purple. Helpful right :ROTF:

Anyone that can help me find someone that can paint this color would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!!
    Haters gonna hate
    Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Haters gonna hate

Comment

I want to get something like the inner edge where it is pinkish and maybe lay a light purplish around the edges. With a shot of metallic in it. Think this is possible.?
      Haters gonna hate

Comment

Are you painting it yourself or having it done somewhere. If you are having someone else do it, just tell them what you want and give some color samples for them to match off of. If you are doing it yourself you can either pickup some dyes and mix until you get the color you want. I would mix some red, amber or yellow, some brown and some blue to get to the color you want. I would hold off on the blue till last. But you are going to need to just do a lot of experimenting until you get the correct color. Or House of Kolor offers a ready mixed 2 oz. and 4oz. bottle of their candy colors. With a few colors in the 4 oz. bottles you would easily have enough to do the body. But again you are going to have to figure out what colors mixed will give you what final color and then just adding little by little to get the color you want.

This is where someone like an autobody shop has a benefit. They either have a color chip similar to what you want and know where to start or can use a color match program to get the correct mixture right off the start.

Comment

Working...
        X