Stylus Pick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stylus Pick

That last thread reminded me of these. Have any of you used them, and do you know where you can get them at?
    Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Re: Stylus Pick

www.tone-toys.com

Small German shop, they've got lots of weird and boutique stuff. Don't know how much they'll charge for shipping to the US (assuming that you're from there) though.

Comment

I have one. The tip is conical, meaning that it's round and comes to a point. The idea is to allow ONLY the pointed tip to make contact with the strings. If you "dig" too deep, the ridge of the cone will catch the strings and mess you up. It's a really good training tool.

Here's their Website:

StylusPick.com
      Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

By the way, you aren't supposed to actually play with the Stylus Pick, only practice with it. I usually practice with a normal pick, but I'll test myself sometimes with the Stylus. It's a really good indicator of your picking technique. And no, I don't work for them.
        [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
        Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Stylus picks are still manufactured by Jim Dunlop. You could get them or order them from just about anywhere most likely.

Comment

I used to have one of these. (maybe I still do, but I have no idea where it is??) Anyway, these are excellent for developing right hand speed.
            [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Rick you have mail. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
              X