Need cab caster recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need cab caster recommendation

Are all casters pretty much created equal? I need some for my Jackson 4x12 cab, and possibly for a Peavey 2x12 too. I don't need the pop-out style, just something stable that can support up to around 120-150 pounds depending on what rig I'm using.
    sigpic

Marshall ones are a bitch to screw on and off, and they get your hands dirty. I like the Mesa snap-on ones, because I like casters that come on and off easily, so you can load in/out and set your cabs on the ground when you are playing. Stay away from most hardware stores casters. they aren't strong enough usually.

Comment

Yeah, that's why I mentioned the weight capacity. I was unpleasantly surprised to see how many casters are only rated for 45-75 lbs, when most 4x12 cabs alone will exceed that.

Mesa doesn't list the weight ratings on their site. Peavey has a couple of sets listed at 100 lbs max. That should be enough for my cab and then some, but I'm keeping my eyes open for something a little stronger that could handle the added weight of a head or small rack case.
      sigpic

Comment

Get the heaviest duty ones you can find. I've seen a few break with the ones that were on ther cabs from the factory.

Comment

Working...
        X