EVH B/Y Replica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EVH B/Y Replica

Well after searching here on jcf and on various Charvel sites, with no real luck, I would like to know who makes the most accurate San Dimas body. I know of the following who offer SD bodies: KNE Guitars, MojoBodies, Musikraft and Wayne Charvel. From the looks of them on their web pages the only real difference I can tell is the price. Any info on accuracy or other sources would be great.

Why am I asking.... I'm looking to build a late 70's early 80's B/Y EVH replica. Over the last couple of years I've been able to obtain all the prero hardwear needed from the brass bridge to the octagon tuners. I'm planning on going with a Musikraft Charvel replical neck.

Thank you for you help. Vince
    Turn that Sh......... down!

If going with the musikraft neck, It would make sense to use one of their bodies for the best neck joint fit, and you wont have a mix and match body/neck with substandard neck joint. Also Musikraft stamps no Names on their product and this will make for a most correct replica?
    Stay away from new B.Hefner stuff I had no luck @ all with them, neckjoint had to be rerouted to fit a body I purchased from them, even notified them, and Bernie argued I was wrong that his neck joints were 2 3/16ths. I argue I have worked with wood for 20 yrs. and CAN read a tape measure.
    Cant speak for MOJO or K-N-E never tried them but Mojo's look pretty corect also!

Comment

Originally posted by 59custom View Post
      If going with the musikraft neck, It would make sense to use one of their bodies for the best neck joint fit, and you wont have a mix and match body/neck with substandard neck joint. Also Musikraft stamps no Names on their product and this will make for a most correct replica?
      Thanks, you make a good point.

Comment

http://www.frankenstraat.com/store.html

Comment

I'd never think twice about buying a mojobodies body. Numerous builds off of this board and all complimentary. Price can't be beat either.
          When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

MusiKraft makes nice necks. I know I use 'em and so do a lot of my customers. I can guarantee a nice tight fit with a MusiKraft, Carvin or Warmoth neck. I check the fit with anyone of those necks the customer prefers to use. As far as most accurate body I know KNE control rout and belly cut are off... count the number of screws in a KNE control rout (4). if you ever see one of those bodies without the cover you will also notice it looks totally wrong. From the pictures of MusiKraft bodies I have seen the belly cut looks like a strat belly cut instead of a SD cut. It may have just been the pictures but it didn't look right to me. I know my body shape is accurate because I made the template from a SD guitar. One other difference is that those other bodies are all produced with CNC. Nothing wrong with that. I just build them the old school way.

Comment

Originally posted by slash View Post
              MusiKraft makes nice necks. I know I use 'em and so do a lot of my customers. I can guarantee a nice tight fit with a MusiKraft, Carvin or Warmoth neck. I check the fit with anyone of those necks the customer prefers to use. As far as most accurate body I know KNE control rout and belly cut are off... count the number of screws in a KNE control rout (4). if you ever see one of those bodies without the cover you will also notice it looks totally wrong. From the pictures of MusiKraft bodies I have seen the belly cut looks like a strat belly cut instead of a SD cut. It may have just been the pictures but it didn't look right to me. I know my body shape is accurate because I made the template from a SD guitar. One other difference is that those other bodies are all produced with CNC. Nothing wrong with that. I just build them the old school way.
              I did notice on your site and your E-bay auctions that most of your SD1s are routed for a Floyd. Your online order form does indicate a "vintage trem" option, this would be a 6 screw set up, correct? Thank you for your time.

Comment

Yes, the Vtrem rout will accomidate a 6 screw vintage trem or Wilkinson. I tend to sell more Floyd routed bodies for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by slash View Post
                  Yes, the Vtrem rout will accomidate a 6 screw vintage trem or Wilkinson. I tend to sell more Floyd routed bodies for some reason.
                  Thanks. I have a couple more questions I'd like to ask, but I'll shoot you an e-mail through the "support" address on your site.

Vince

Comment

Originally posted by 59custom View Post
                    This is excellent advice!

I would throw in that while I'm not sure how close their specs. are in terms of matching the SD body that you are looking for, if you want high quality bodies and necks that fit together perfectly, try Warmoth. I think their work is great and I've had nothing but good luck with their products. Also, I think it will be really tough to discern any difference from one strat body to another by anyone but the very critical observer.
                    GM,
                    www.aftershok.com

Comment

Working...
                    X