active pickup jack wiring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• active pickup jack wiring?

I've installed a set of Seymour Duncan Blackouts in my SLSMG.
    I bypassed wiring the battery to the jack and just soldered the ground
    lead to the back of the tone pot for a temporary shortcut, because I wasn't sure about the jack. Below I'll post a pick of the jack that's currently in the
    guitar. Sorry if it's hard to see the wiring but it was the best pic I could get and I took a lot. I then found this stereo jack at this link....

http://www.axcessories.com/proddetai...rod=axjakbrlbs

It looks exactly like the jack that's already in my guitar. If you look at my picture it has two short tabs and the long one in the back, just like the one in the link. The long tab is connected by the black wire to ground on the back of the tone knob pot.

Can I connect the ground lead from the battery connector
    to the unused short tab? Will this complete the circuit when a plug is inserted? I guess I'm asking do you think this is a "stereo" plug already in the guitar?

Thanks
    Karl

I've gotta say, the picture doesn't really help

But if it has 3 tabs, it probably is stereo. If you have a multimeter you can find out. Put it in resistance mode and touch one probe to the grounded prong and the other to the unused prong. With the cord in it should read pretty close to 0 ohms. With it out, it should be infinity or whatever your meter displays as infinity.
    "It's hard to be enigmatic if you have to go around explaining yourself all the time"

Comment

Thanks for the response. I'll try using a meter this weekend. I know the picture sucks. I have a good camera, but I just couldn't get it to focus that close up to show the detail. I really wanted to show that it looked identical
      to the one in the link that's a stereo jack. Karl

Comment

Working...
      X