2hum: regular 3-way switch + push-pull for series/parallel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2hum: regular 3-way switch + push-pull for series/parallel

I think i need a DPDT pickup switch to pull this off.

Basically what i want is a regular 3-way switch for H/H (bridge, both, neck) and a push-pull to put both humbuckers in series instead of in parallel when the switch is in the middle position (both) ... anyone done this before?

/* edit */ to clarify a bit more: the push-pull would put both pickups in series -with each other-, as opposed to the usual "coils in parallel" of each pickup.

Right now my main idea is to make the push-pull do a regular series/parallel thing on the output of both pickups, and have the toggle switch short the opposite pickup's signal to ground when it's not in the middle position - hope this makes any kind of sense. Please excuse my wacko wiring ideas
    Last edited by delt; 10-11-2007, 04:09 AM.
    "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
    The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

thats what all the switches do on bcrichs. so yes it can be done, w/ push pulls i dont know tho.

Comment

thats what all the switches do on bcrichs.
      You mean cancel out the opposite pickup?

Push pull is basically a pot with a 2-pos DPDT.
      "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]

Comment

Just checked about a dozen BCR diagrams, and they seem pretty standard, ie. both pickup inputs going to the sides of the switch, and the center (common) going to either the volume, boost circuit, or output.

Comment

Working...
        X