Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brass stop tailpiece? Do they exist?

Pics?

I used to have one...came from dog knows where. Never used it and sold it in a parts bin a few years ago.

Comment

Probably the most widely used Charvel brass hartail bridge ala Jake E. Lee.

I'm not aware if anyone is making them. Mighty Mite is still in business, but does not make the vintage versions. Schecter and DiMarzio seem to not make bridges anymore. I think there was another company, Stars Guitars? Possibly, the guy that makes the NOS vintage trem bridges may or can make them. I forget the guy's name now.
      Best place to go would be eBay.
      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Bengal65: You are Da Man.Those pix you posted are awesome,thanx. Yupp that is JEL's fixed bride to a Tee.
        Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

Yep, I'm fortunate. I have a polished one on my purpleburst JEL clone and one that I powdercoated black, on my JEL White Strat clone.
          Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

then it is possible

Bengal65... you kick ass

thanks alot

Comment

The thought crossed my mind when I was in manufacturing back in 2003 about having them made. A CNC program could mill these out of brass plate in no time. I don't think the demand for them has not been all that great, otherwise someone would be making them. They are truely a piece of artwork with the ball mill indentations in the bottom plate for "guides" for the saddle height adjustment screws. The only manual labor would be the polishing and clearcoating/(powdercoating for colors).

Comment

Mayday had some built a while back. Carried his logo. I have pics somewhere. Awesome looking. Kev?
                Henrik
                AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Gotta correct myself. Kevin built them. Here's the original thread, but the pics are long gone

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21355
                  Henrik
                  AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

I would love to put brass hardware on my project, but I would want the tuners to match. I wonder if anyone makes brass tuners?
                    1979 Gibson Les Paul Custom
                    Jackson SLATQH
                    Jackson DK2M Inferno Red
                    Jackson DK2M With a Learn Custom Paint Job
                    Jackson DKMGT (project)
                    Kramer Focus 1000
                    Ibanez SDGR Bass
                    Ovation Celebrity
                    Martin Backpacker

Comment

Originally posted by TexasRocks View Post
                      I would love to put brass hardware on my project, but I would want the tuners to match. I wonder if anyone makes brass tuners?
                      Gold plated tuners is about as close as you can get. It's just difficult to keep the oxidation from tarnishing brass. The clear coat helps, but chips overtime. The gold plated hardware does not look bad. It looks like clear coated brass in a way.

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post
                        Mayday had some built a while back. Carried his logo. I have pics somewhere. Awesome looking. Kev?
                        Oh yeah, I remember. I had just joined back then. The thread just died off and heard nothing after that. Any progress reports Kev?

Comment

Working...
                        X