Pick Ups for a Custom Guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pick Ups for a Custom Guitar

OK guys on my last decision here. I like passive pickups with a lot of dynamics and character.

So if you could go with ANY pick up maker - who would it be?

I am referring to one of these guys - no Seymour Duncans or Dimarzios...

I am looking to get a slightly UNDERWOUND pup - they have more dynamics for lead playing:

Wolfetone
    WCR
    Fralin
    Bill Lawrence
    Ken Armstrong
    PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Have you considered Bare Knuckle pickups?
    GM,
    www.aftershok.com

Comment

NO
      PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Kent Armstrong == very good pickups.
        "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
        The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

the only fralin ive tried were single coils, & i thought they sounded great. Bill Lawrence im a bog fan of the 500L not the XL. to me the L is just a nicer all around pickup, where the XL can be a bit bright & does have higher output.

DUNCANS CUSTOM SHOP. i had them make me a gretsch pickup years ago. they were great, the pickup was sent back 3times before they got it right. there was very little hassle & I spoke dirrectly with the guy making the pickup. granted it wasnt cheap but they made it sounds exactly like i wanted & it was well worth the price in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by j2379 View Post
            DUNCANS CUSTOM SHOP
            Yeah, just get the Duncan Custom Shop to make you what you want. I'd personally just go with a set of '59s or a '59B and JazzN, but you can specify the specs for the exact output and sound you're looking for and they'll wind it for you.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by HiOctane View Post
              Have you considered Bare Knuckle pickups?
              First thing that popped into my mind when i saw this topic was Bareknuckle pups. I want a pair!!!
              If your mum stabbed ya you wouldnt get upset... You would say ' Ohhh shit mum stabbed me! I better go to a hospital'. - Chopper

Comment

I have a "Holy Diver" on order. Heard a BK pickup in a friend's guitar and thought it sounded great.

Tim is the main man over there, and he will answer any questions that you have and help you select the right pickup for you. So if you have a specific tone need such as

I like passive pickups with a lot of dynamics and character.

I am looking to get a slightly UNDERWOUND pup - they have more dynamics for lead playing:

and want to talk to someone who knows- look into Bare Knuckle Pickups!

Of course, I'm still a big Duncan fan and you can't go wrong there. But for a boutique pickup-

http://www.bareknucklepickups.co.uk/
                Last edited by HiOctane; 10-06-2007, 11:02 AM.
                GM,
                www.aftershok.com

Comment

Wether you like or dislike Duncan off the shelf products, man that co is the SHIT! Call em up and talk to them, they're great people who will bend over backwards for you to get you what you want.

There are a number of "unknown" custom winders out there that can build you anything you want fairly cheap as well.

Do a search for custom pups, and if you cant find anything, drop me a line, I'll look into the my resources for the guys I know are out there.

Comment

I have 1 Fralin blues special in the neck and a WCR/RS shredder in the bridge (actually the 1st production shredder) of my new mutt and and it is a beast in the tone dept.
                    Jim Rolph makes some outstanding pickups as well.I'm a boutique pickup guy just more dynamics than an off the shelf generic pickup.DiMarzio,Duncan are great too.
                    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                    X