neck scale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• neck scale

The catalog that IDs my Dinky states that my neck scale is 24.75 inches, but I measured from the bridge to the nut and it is 25.5 inches. Am I measuring it right or am I incorrect?
    The reason I ask is that I plan on getting a reverse head neck for it eventually and need to know what scale to get so that it has correct intonation.

It was either a typo or you may have been looking at the specs for the Fusion, which had a 24.75" scale and was otherwise very similar to the Dinky. 25.5" should be right. BTW, the best way to be dead on when you measure a neck is to just measure from the nut to the 12th fret and double it, rather than measuring to the bridge. This helps to avoid any confusion that different saddle positions (due to intonation) may cause.

Comment

OK thanks, I measured from the nut to the 12th fret and got 12 3/8s. So it is a 24.75 scale. Do you know if they even make replacement necks for this scale?
      here is the catalog page I used
      http://audiozone.dk/CatalogScans/Jap...1993Page08.htm
      I believe my guitar is the student HH model. I have pictures up in the general chat section with my hello.

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Those are made for Japan models, yours (like those) says "Grover Jackson" at the end of the headstock? Maybe they're making Dinkys over there with short scale lengths...
        "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
        Gotta get away from here.
        Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
        Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
          Those are made for Japan models, yours (like those) says "Grover Jackson" at the end of the headstock? Maybe they're making Dinkys over there with short scale lengths...
          Because Japanese have small hands?:ROTF:

Comment

Well, to be honest, I have a Grover Jackson King V neck through in silver sparkle metallic. It has the original R2 nut so they were certainly using nuts with less width than the wider ones in the US.
            "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
            Gotta get away from here.
            Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
            Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Originally posted by jackal_pup View Post
              OK thanks, I measured from the nut to the 12th fret and got 12 3/8s. So it is a 24.75 scale. Do you know if they even make replacement necks for this scale?
              here is the catalog page I used
              http://audiozone.dk/CatalogScans/Jap...1993Page08.htm
              I believe my guitar is the student HH model. I have pictures up in the general chat section with my hello.

Thanks for the info.
              I've seen GROVER JACKSONs that are short scale too. Short scale on strats appears to be popular in Japan. Fender Japan makes (or at least used to make) short scale strats also.

Comment

If you neck is 24.75" and the measurement from the nut to the saddle is 25.5" you are going to have big problems with intonation. When you are measuring from the bridge, you are measuring from where the string contacts the saddle? If it is actually measring 25.5" and the neck scale is 24.75" I am thinking that is not the original neck.

Comment

Working...
                X