Duncan Trembucker - Is nosiy normal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duncan Trembucker - Is nosiy normal?

I just bought a brand new SL3, confugured with Duncan Trembucker in the bridge and two hotrails (one middle, one neck).

There's a noticeable amount of hum from the bridge position when you max out the vol and tone on the guitar. When you select just the rails, the noise stops.

Also, with the same amp and cable, I don't get the same noise from my Les Paul.

Either this bridge pup is just that hot from an output standpoint, or I've got some sort of sheilding/setup issue in the bridge... What do you think?
    Last edited by Chew; 10-04-2007, 01:53 PM.

Sounds like a grounding issue.
    The bridge pup is a bit hotter than the others, but it should still be quiet.
    -Rick

Comment

Check the wire coming in from this pickup. Check to see if the ground (shielding + green I think on a Duncan) is well soldered to ground (either the pot or where ever you are grounding it). Maybe try jiggling it (while it's plugged into the amp) to see if it's loose. If it's loose you will hear it good and bad.

Only other possibility is that where you solder the two coil wires together (red and white?) they are either not soldered well or they are grounding against something turning your humbucker into single coil.

Comment

Working...
      X