Mini Toggle Wiring question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mini Toggle Wiring question...

I'm using a 3way mini toggle as a pickup selector.
    so if the poles labeled like this:

1 2

3 4

5 6

Bridge Pu on 2
    Neck PU on 6
    out to tone knob on 4

bridge is on in the down and middle, but the neck is only on in the up, how do I get it to be on in the middle also?

You could try using both rows of pins (in case this is a feature built into the switch), so that

1 2 - bridge pu

3 4 - output

5 6 - neck pu

You simply just add a little "bridge" over to the next pin. If the pins 1 3 and 5 are "mirrored" compared to pins 2, 4 and 6, it could work.

I don't know why you've wired the output to the tone knob though. You're not using a volume pot at all?

Comment

each Pu go to a coil splitter, then to individual volumes, from the volumes to the 3way, from the 3 way to the tone and then output... should I go a different way?

Comment

It's all good if it works.

Comment

thanks

Comment

You need a "on/on/on" 3-pos. switch and not a "on/off/on" type one. The difference between the two, is that with a on/on/on, when the switch is in the middle position, one side (set of 3 pins) is on in one direction, and the other side is on in the other direction. With an on/off/on, in the middle position no pins are connected.

So (keeping the pin numbers you gave in the 1st post) - wiring pins 1 and 2 together, pins 3 and 4 together, and pins 5 and 6 together, you get the equivalent of a normal 3-way pickup selector (gibson les paul style)
            "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
            The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Working...
            X