Paganini's 5th Caprice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paganini's 5th Caprice

I know this is a pretty well-known piece by ear, but i don't know how many people can play this in here, so i figured i'd offer to tab it out the way i know best... i'd just scan it in the way i transcribed it by hand [i don't tab unless necessary] but i don't have a scanner... so um, anyone?

By the way... i assumed this belonged in here as opposed to other areas since it is kinda' technical?

Re: Paganini\'s 5th Caprice

Sure you can post it. You might want to tab it right on a post or in a word processor then cut n past. Just use the - key and the # keys. Its quite easy once you get started.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Here ya' go.

Comment

look's like I'll be busy for a while! [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

whoa thats weird, i just started learning that yesterday, i have the first 7 measures up to about 140-150 bpm.

a better way to play it can be found at

www.wholenote.com under lessons, and then search for paganini.

and it also has a metronome to play along with it by...enjoy.

Comment

Yeah - there are several different ways I've seen written out to play it. This is one of the most accurate ones I've seen though. Most of the ones I've seen start an octave higher than the sheet music is actually written, and several aren't even written in Am. Sorry this one doesn't have the opening arpeggios. I just happened to have this one handy.

I actually have the Kalmus Solo Series No. 4405 Sheet Music of all 24 caprices for solo violin, but I'm not about to transcribe them all to tab for guitar.

Comment

well, guess i don't need to take care of that one. haha. alright well, umm, i guess if anyone wants anything w/ the classical deal, i'm here. once i sell off this gear, i'll try 'n record some stuff. too much to lug up 'n down stairs.

~Mike

Comment

This is why I stopped reading tab and started learning by ear when I had started. Everything is inaccurate.

Comment

yeah obviously, its nothing special learning by ear.....

do any of you guys actually like that piece? dont learn it just cause yngwie says to learn it..i personally think it sounds like ass...

there is also a tab of it at guitar player magazine i think, the actual tab yngwie used.

cheers

Comment

to be honest, i've never been big on Yngwie. but yes, i do like the piece. Paganini's 5th, 6th, 24th and i forget the other two Caprices are all some of my favorite works by Paganini. still though, i can't help but love the Bach Organ pieces... the minor ones mostly.

Comment

I'd like to see those intro sweeps. Thanx Lev

Comment

The intro sweeps aren't uncommon sweeps. Just letting you know. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I would like to see the sweeps too

I don't care with Yngwie thinks or says; I happen to like classical things like this. As long as it's a musical movement, I am fine with it.
                          When you get to Yngwie level wanking..well...you get the picture
                          *breaks out the metronome* time to get woodshedding!

Comment

Originally posted by Word:
                            This is why I stopped reading tab and started learning by ear when I had started. Everything is inaccurate.
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Everything is always open to individual interprotation ...
                            Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

personally i'm really glad i learned this song.. its helped my technique more than anything else I've ever learned.. and its challenging, i don't think any song has pissed me off as much as this song has.

If anyone wants the intro sweeps I can tab it out.. after all, that is the best part of the whole song [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Alexi, I kind of agree with you.. it doesn't really sound that great imo either.. but its really fun to play. give it a shot.

Comment

Working...
                              X