Charvel Floyd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel Floyd

Hey out there. Great site, new to the forum. I picked up a Floyd licensed unit a while back that loads the strings up through the back of the guitar (I believe it was off of an 80s or early 90s Charvel), which is cool. Problem is, it didn't have the bar. It appears to be the push in kind (no threads that I can see), but bar for the Jackson Floyd I have is too big to fit in the hole. I contacted the guys at WD Music Products, and the guy suggested one of their models, but couldn't guarantee it would fit. Anybody familiar with this unit and where I could pick up a chrome replacement? I'm not looking to restore it to it's past glory, just looking for something functional that fits.

Thanks! [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Re: Charvel Floyd

Ask Dave (budman) on this forum. He might be able to help.

Comment

I wouldn't even bother with those single-locking trems that take the ball end of the strings... they'll go out of tune pretty quickly. Might as well get a double-locking trem like a real Floyd or Schaller or even the Jackson JT580LP.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I picked this one up CHEAP, so it was hard to pass up. I'm thinking of putting it on something not meant for heavy trem use, but that would be a little cooler than a six point strat trem. I guess the Wilkinson is kinda like that too. Thanks! budman, you out there? any thoughts?

Comment

Yeah, for light trem use, you should be fine. I had one on an old Kramer in the mid '80s, and it wasn't too bad, but a real Floyd replaced it and it was much better for heavy whammy abuse.
          Also, if it's a push-in bar, maybe a bar from either an Ibanez or Jackson JT6 trem would work.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
          X