Boost on a Model 6 In or Out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boost on a Model 6 In or Out?

hey guys, just started actually moving to get new dimarzio's in my m6 and figured I might get the opinions of the board on this, should I leave the gainboost circuit out of the guitar? I am wondering if it will mess with the sound of the dim's too much. Thanks for any advice!

Re: Boost on a Model 6 In or Out?

I left mine in when I threw Duncans in my 650xl. It still sounds amazing to me. But, I know a lot of guys have yanked the active circuit when they took out the stock pickups. Apparently the circuit works best with the Jackson pickups but also work fine with aftermarket. It is just designed for the Jackson pups. Leave it in when you put the new pickups in. Listen to it for a while, then take it out. Keep the set up you like best.

Comment

i left mine too. i added an dimarzio super3 pup to my 475dlx with a JE-1200 midboost. it works fine to me.

Comment

I had a similar circut in my model 4 and i took it out when I put in my EMG's. Now it sounds alot weaker. I would leave it in for sure.

Comment

I think that keeping the boost knob in the off mode shouldn't affect the pickups' behaviour. Maybe if you have really skilled ears, but who can change pickups in a second and notice that tiny potential difference? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
          X