Quick GMW refin question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick GMW refin question

Hey....I have never had a guitar refinished professionally before.

Say I wanted to have a Soloist refinished with GMW, what neighborhood would I be looking at spending and what is the turn-around time [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

I'm thinking Road Hazard Yellow or possibly the Rising Sun graphic similar to the one Jim Shine had done.

Thanks.

Re: Quick GMW refin question

Their Custom Paint page is a bit confusing - I think it's $175 for basic solid colors, then you have to add the Graphic price to that [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Seems kinda cheap to me, I musta read it wrong [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Anyway, good question, cuz I may send my LPS to be Goldtopped and I wanna know if it's gonna cost $500 or $200 [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Road hazard yellow would probably be $300 ($200 base price + $100 custom color charge...) "Basic colors" are Black, White, anything else is subject to custom color charge...also - nearly all the prices have increased - they just haven't updated the board.

Rising Sun would be at least $400-450 and closer to $600 to have both front and back done with graphic ($200 base + $200 per side, possibly more since the prices have changed...)

If it's a neck through add another $150 (at least)

Turn around time would most likely be 4-6 months, and that's conservative, especially if Dan needs to get involved...Lee will shoot regular colors....

Lee could tell you the exact $ and time amount, but I think you'll find these to be pretty close....they're the best - you get what you pay for.

Steve E

Comment

Thanks.....I appreciate the responses.

I'll have to e-mail GMW to get a solid quote if RHY is even possible.

I also want a matching headstock w/black logo (if they will do that [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] ).

I love the RHY finish with black hardward [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/baby.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

Lee has the prices on his website. The time depends on workload and I'd guess 3-4 + months

Yep they can match the headstock if you like too...
          shawnlutz.com

Comment

Thanks again for the responses....

OK, dumb question, but can/will GMW re-logo the headstock after painting with the same type/style logo.

I think Lance has a yellow Soloist in the gallery but it doesn't have a matching headstock (sharp guitar none-the-less [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] ).

Comment

Working...
            X