No announcement yet.

Sustainer problem can someone help out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sustainer problem can someone help out?

I have a old PC1 and the sustainer conked out. I was checking out the battery compartment and a short red wire came loose.

I though it was the bridging wire between the 2 9V batteries but can't be sure. I tried soldering it back but not the sustainer doesn't work. Can someone check theirs and report back?

the passive pickups work fine but the sustainer doesn't work. Maybe I fried the system?

Re: Sustainer problem can someone help out?

Do both 9volt clips have the red and black wires? Coulda been one of those popped loose.

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Re: Sustainer problem can someone help out?

yeah that's the problem.

there's a long black on one side that goes connects the battery pack to the board and long red one that connects the other side of the battery pack to the board. The problem I have is with a short red one that connects from one side of the battery pack to where? That's the one that's disconnected. I tried soldering it to the other side of the battery pack and that's done no good. I'm wondering if I screwed it up or did I get it right but now f@%$!ked up the sustainer circuit board or something.

Comment

Working...
      X