Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SD Blackout pup pots dont fit....aaaarrrrr!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SD Blackout pup pots dont fit....aaaarrrrr!

I'm trying to install my new Seyour Duncan Blackout set in my Jackson SLSMG and the threaded portion of the supplied pots are too wide to fit into the holes in the guitar. I am replacing EMG-HZ's. Does anyone know if I order EMG 25k pots will they'll fit? I don't want to widen the whole and risk cracking the finish. Has anyone replace the EMG-HZ's that used to come with SLSMGs with active EMGs and used the pots supplied by EMG? This sucks

Go to a Lowes hardware store and buy a reamer.Its a small hand held tool that will make the hole larger.You ream the hole from the inside side so you won't chip the finish if you are careful.Its real easy to use just go slow until the pot fits the hole.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
      Go to a Lowes hardware store and buy a reamer.Its a small hand held tool that will make the hole larger.You ream the hole from the inside side so you won't chip the finish if you are careful.Its real easy to use just go slow until the pot fits the hole.

+1
      I bought mine at Ace hardware...
      "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

Working...
      X