How to paint "digital camo"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to paint "digital camo"?

I was wondering how you think you would paint the Army's new digital camo on a guitar? It's made up of lots of little squares if you don't already know.

When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

stick the body into the printer, print it, then clearcoat.
    Sorry.
    Actually, how do they do "photoflame"? is that something
    that is also done with other graphics?

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
      stick the body into the printer, print it, then clearcoat.
      Sorry.
      LOL That's how they did some of the ESP George Lynch models!
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
        LOL That's how they did some of the ESP George Lynch models!

:ROTF: :ROTF:

Comment

It is funny, but I'm not joking. From what I remember, they had printed graphics stuck on that were cleared over and not real painted graphics. I believe it was the Skulls and Snakes model, maybe the Serpent as well. Not sure if they changed it over the years or what.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

It was the snakes and skulls paint scheme. CHEESY!

Comment

I painted a guitar with using a "standard" camo pattern awhile back ..

I plan on doing the next one in digital camo and will be testing some different techniques.
              I'll keep you guys posted if I have any success.

Comment

Originally posted by Model1VH2 View Post

I plan on doing the next one in digital camo and will be testing some different techniques.

That's very cool, GREAT JOB !

Comment

Originally posted by Model1VH2 View Post

Hey man, that looks GREAT. If you wouldn't mind, could you keep me posted on how the digi-camo paint goes too?
                  Gear:
                  none

Comment

Whoa, now the U.S. army can investigate terrorists in the wilderness and in cyberspace as well!!!
                    "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
                    The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

http://tacticalcamo.com/MARPAT/digi.php
                      This is a digital camo generator. Set the color style to black and white template. Play with pixel size and density... then print a few playing with "drift" The spend a few days with an exacto knife cutting out the pattern.

http://www.lauerweaponry.com/duracoa...n&Category=240
                      Sells stick on templates that are precut. Look for the option of "template only" You dont want "duracoat" paint from them to use on your guitar.... it's a bake on paint for metals.

Hope that helps-
                      Last edited by Postal; 09-22-2007, 11:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Postal View Post
                        http://tacticalcamo.com/MARPAT/digi.php
                        This is a digital camo generator. Set the color style to black and white template. Play with pixel size and density... then print a few playing with "drift" The spend a few days with an exacto knife cutting out the pattern.

http://www.lauerweaponry.com/duracoa...n&Category=240
                        Sells stick on templates that are precut. Look for the option of "template only" You dont want "duracoat" paint from them to use on your guitar.... it's a bake on paint for metals.

Hope that helps-
                        Great info.
                        Thanks!

Comment

This one looks close to digital. http://www.lauerweaponry.com/duracoa...n&Category=240

I wonder if they are big enough to cover the bottom or top of a guitar?
                          Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Thanks!

I thought the Mirageflage looked most like it, the colors are different, but otherwise pretty good.
                            Last edited by 442w30; 09-23-2007, 08:26 AM.
                            When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Sorry I dunno the size of the templates from Lauer. I would imagine the rifle template would be large enough. If not, mask off part of it, and paint it in 2 sections.

That template generator will print full 8 1/2 x 11 paper, so a couple of those would do it.

When I finally decide to paint my rifle I'll go with a far superior natural type of camo kinda like this, but in desert colors.

I dont think anybody would understand a paintjob like that on a guitar though... But this type of paint is HIGHLY effective for real camo.

Comment

Working...
                              X