No announcement yet.

Best replacement for Strat style trem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best replacement for Strat style trem?

I've got a line on a nice Brian Moore i1 that I want to grab, but I think I might want to replace the Strat style bridge on there with something else. Is there anything out there you can buy that will fit right in the place of a regular bridge like that that is totally fixed/non-vibrato? I know I could just block the trem that's in there but I'd rather just throw on something brand new that's actually designed to stay in one place rather than just forcing it to stay there with a piece of wood...

There is a replacement fixed bridge for vintage trem guitars check all parts web site or stew mac.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I can't seem to find it on either of the sites :\ Looked in both the tremelo and hardtail sections... Any idea who makes it or what it's called? I couldn't find anything that was actually advertised as converting a tremelo to a fixed bridge.

Comment

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...dge?sku=361537
        "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

I've always thought those looked cool. Here's their website.
          http://www.customshopparts.com/
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I'd just block it.

Comment

Yeah I think I'm just gonna block it...

Out of curiousity, can you slam a Wilkinson trem onto a guitar with a regular Strat trem without any modifications?

Comment

Yes, Wilkinson does a retrofit six-screw bridge. I believe it´s called the VSV, or something along those lines, and it works very well. A VS50 or VS100 will require modification.

Comment

After reading those reviews. I would just screw the trem all te way down. And add a couple more springs. It's cheaper and it already fits your guitar the way its supposed to.
                  Gil

Comment

Originally posted by Dave L View Post
                    Yes, Wilkinson does a retrofit six-screw bridge. I believe it´s called the VSV, or something along those lines, and it works very well. A VS50 or VS100 will require modification.
                    The bridge I'm trying to replace is just a standard 2 point fulcrum Strat trem...I don't know much about vintage trems but I don't think there are any screws holding the bridge onto the guitar except the pivot posts...

Comment

I dont know the model, but there is a drop in replacement wilkinson for modern 2 point strats.

Comment

http://www.warmoth.com/hardware/brid...dges_wilkinson

Think this would do it?

Comment

Originally posted by DumpyWumpy View Post
                          The bridge I'm trying to replace is just a standard 2 point fulcrum Strat trem...I don't know much about vintage trems but I don't think there are any screws holding the bridge onto the guitar except the pivot posts...
                          Sorry about that! When you said regular strat trem I automatically assumed it was the regular vintage style, not a two-point.

Comment

Originally posted by Model1VH2 View Post
                            I'd just block it.

me too.

Comment

Originally posted by DumpyWumpy View Post
                              Thats the one. Works fine. kinda odd though. The bass side aligns to a bridge stud, but the treble side is "floating". Look in the pic, you see a partial circle on the bass side, and a wide flat section on the treble. This is to accomodate multiple stud spacings, but the bass side stud is what would center the bridge.....

Don't worry about it, I'm just pointing it out. They are designed for fender spacing- it'll drop right in. I have 2-3 of those.
                              Last edited by Postal; 09-24-2007, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X