Tech Guy Recommendations Near You?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tech Guy Recommendations Near You?

Guys, it's been a long time since I've needed to bring in a guitar for minor tech work. Years, I mean. And even back then, none in my area were anything to write home about. By "minor", I mean the little stuff that isn't a major mod to your guitar, but that you don't have the skills or trust yourself to do. Intonation, set-up, wiring, fret dress, etc.

Well, I'd like to get the intonation on one of my axes tweaked, and I'm at a loss where to bring her locally (upstate NY, Albany area). Any recommendations?

Also, since this issue is a bane of many guitarists, I thought this thread might be a good place for folks to share their local tech recommendations. Wherever you may be. If we get enough of a response, it'd make for a real nice reference spot that folks can come back to. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: Tech Guy Recommendations Near You?

I bring my guitars to Bill Baker at Dave's Sound Repair in E.Hanover, NJ. He is a cool guy and very fair. The amps get done by Dave. One place to get it all done in a timely fashion.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Bob Davenport Willcutt Guitars Richmond Ky.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I do my own intonation and truss rodding and wiring. Frets and such I gotta leave to someone else (found a local guy that CAN do it, but I saw a neck he did and while not a pro or attractive job, it works and intonates like it should).

Newc
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

In Charlotte NC, I gotta recommend my buddy Jason who works for Cotter Guitars, and his boss Chris Cotter-both those dudes are amazing. And for everyone else, my recommendation goes to Sully!

Comment

Originally posted by Boxcar Willie 84:
            And for everyone else, my recommendation goes to Sully!
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sully, the travelling repairman! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] We should be so lucky.

Comment

Working...
            X