What will fit this kelly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What will fit this kelly?

Just scored this kelly body from Michael (MichaelMadeja) and was wondering wat size/brand of neck will fit this soon-to-be beast?

PIC BELOW

ALSO

Im part searching right now for this project so if anybody can tell me where I can score a OFR BLK trem (springs, whammy, nut etc.), Gotoh/jackson/sperzel/groover/whatever tuners, and a nice neck plate @ a good price [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] , just shoot me pm or hit a reply

Thanks in advance fellas

Re: What will fit this kelly?

I'm sure most 24 fret jackson necks will work. but let the pros tell [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Any 24 fret jackson neck will work fine.I'm building one right now myself and I'm using a dinky XL neck, bound with MOP sharkies.Body is gunmetal grey metallic as is the headstock.All black hardware.MODEL6LOVER is providing the Jackson pickups for this one.I shaved the body bevels down a bit because there was some damage in those areas and down sized the body slightly because thats the one thing about a kelly I didn't care for was the large size of the body.Its hard to tell just looking at it that is a little smaller but it feels pretty good.Waiting for the first coats of clear to dry then sand, 3 more coats of clear sand again, let dry then buff it out.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard:
        Any 24 fret jackson neck will work fine.I'm building one right now myself and I'm using a dinky XL neck, bound with MOP sharkies.Body is gunmetal grey metallic as is the headstock.All black hardware.MODEL6LOVER is providing the Jackson pickups for this one.I shaved the body bevels down a bit because there was some damage in those areas and down sized the body slightly because thats the one thing about a kelly I didn't care for was the large size of the body.Its hard to tell just looking at it that is a little smaller but it feels pretty good.Waiting for the first coats of clear to dry then sand, 3 more coats of clear sand again, let dry then buff it out.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">what brand of clear coat do you recommend?

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelMadeja:
          I'm sure most 24 fret jackson necks will work. but let the pros tell [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Be aware that if it's not a Kelly neck you will need to redrill two of the holes as they won't line up properly,but other than that any 24 fret neck should work fine.

Comment

I use either duplicolor 1502 acrylic lacquer clear or Deft acrylic lacquer clear.For enamel paint I use Sherwin Williams clear(for enamel) don't shoot an enamel clear over lacquer or vise versa.

Comment

Evol is right you will have to dowel and redrill the front two holes on a 24 fret DK2 neck to fit a kelly Very simple to do.

Comment

Working...
              X