Single Coil PUP Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single Coil PUP Question

I am looking at getting a guitar w/27 frets.

Is there any single coil out there that can sound like a humbucker in the neck positon?
    PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

duncan HOT RAIL

Comment

Mini-humbucker, such as the aforementioned SD Hot Rails.
      "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
      The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

DiMarzio and Duncan have plenty of offerings that fit the bill, for various applications from vintage to hot, as do many smaller manufacturers. So yes, you should be able to find something that suits your needs.

The term mini humbucker is as far as I know most often used for those pickups you might find in an old Les Paul Deluxe or Firebird, and isn´t really the right word for what we´re talking about here.

Comment

^ apologies. I meant a single-coil sized humbucker, which is half the size of a regular humbucker and fits in a single-coil slot. Those old gibson pickups are often called "soapbar", to avoid confusion (i'd presume) I'm not even sure if they were single/hum/stacked/whatever ...does anyone use or manufacture those anymore?
          "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
          The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Seymour duncan JBjr, Lil 59, duckbucker, they are all single sized humbuckers

Soapbar tends to make people think of P90s which are kinda hot single coils, but are similarly sized to the mini humbuckers that DaveL mentioned in some Les Pauls and many Gibson Firebirds
            Last edited by 442w30; 09-20-2007, 10:23 PM.
            When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Duncan Cool Rails.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Get the duncan hot rail. That's the greatest looking one I can think of! And it's by seymour duncan of course..

Comment

Working...
                X