Model 2 EMG Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 2 EMG Question

I just got my Model 2. I opened up the control cover and found the following: One 9 volt battery and an extra pot that appears to stay in the cavity. I inspected the cavity to see if there were any plugged pot holes in the body and there were none. This can't be stock, can it? I hope I don't sound too dumb. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Re: Model 2 EMG Question

post a pic so we can better understand what you mean.
    Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

When I bought my EMGs, the volume and tone pot came wired together. Whoever put the EMG in it probably just left it that way.

Comment

Well, since the Model 2 only has a volume control, maybe they wanted a tone control inside and didn't want to route out for another one. I've heard of people adding pots or switches inside like that. Does the pot actually work when you turn it?
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yeah, that's what I think as well. Somebody didn't want to drill another hole for the tone and didn't want to desolder the tone pot away from the volume.
          "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

I'd say they didn't want to drill another hole and were afraid to unsolder the tone pot.No biggie really.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by Offrampmotel:
              When I bought my EMGs, the volume and tone pot came wired together. Whoever put the EMG in it probably just left it that way.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm with you, man. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I checked out the tone-control, and it works. There is not a pop-up on the pot or a tog to activate the battery. Dumb question: Will the battery drain when the guitar is just sitting?

Comment

if it's plugged in it will.

Comment

Originally posted by fett:
                    I checked out the tone-control, and it works. There is not a pop-up on the pot or a tog to activate the battery. Dumb question: Will the battery drain when the guitar is just sitting?
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The EMG's use a different output jack than passive pickups. When you plug the guitar in,it completes the circuit and supplies power from the battery to the pickup. Unplug the cable and the circuit is broken, saving the battery. You'll know your battery is going dead when the guitar gets a distorted sound through your clean channel.

hmmmm...time for a turkey sandwich.
                    Scott
                    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Your bomb is right on target. Thanks. You know that JU stands for"Junkers". I hope you are not referring to your guitar collection. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by fett:
                        Your bomb is right on target. Thanks. You know that JU stands for"Junkers". I hope you are not referring to your guitar collection. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] .................. [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]
                        Scott
                        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Pronounced "YOONKERS".
                          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard:
                            Pronounced "YOONKERS".
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's in New York [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87:
                              </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by fett:
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The EMG's use a different output jack than passive pickups. When you plug the guitar in,it completes the circuit and supplies power from the battery to the pickup. Unplug the cable and the circuit is broken, saving the battery. You'll know your battery is going dead when the guitar gets a distorted sound through your clean channel.

hmmmm...time for a turkey sandwich.
                              </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">This is very true, but have you thought that the previous owner might connect it with the mono jack?

Comment

Working...
                              X