Schaller Floyd leans way back????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schaller Floyd leans way back????

Ok, I just got my 1990 Soloist Pro and it's in beautiful condition. I do have 2 small problems... first is the battery ground wire has come loose. Where am I supposed to ground this wire? There looks to be a spot on the five way switch that has some solder on it but no wire. Does this sound like the right spot for the ground?

Second problem is the Schaller Floyd is leaning so far back that the strings are all touching the frets. If I push down on the bar I can get it to level out, but I can't pull up on it at all. It is a recessed floyd... I removed 2 of the 3 springs and this helped a little but then it was way to loose. Then I put them back in and tightened down the posts but this only lowered the action... What am I missing here??? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] I am new to floyds and I don't want to do anything stupid. I would post pics of what it's doing but my sister borrowed my camera for her vacation to Mexico, so I won't have it back for probably at least a week and I am dying to play this thing!

Re: Schaller Floyd leans way back????

Try three springs & adjust the spring claw until the Floyd is level at the tuning you use!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Chucksplatter

Comment

Spring claw? Is that just the 2 screws that go into the body inside the cavity?

Comment

Yeah,there should be two screws holding a claw-type plate that the springs attach to inside the trem cavity,sounds like yours is probably too tight,maybe if you loosen the screws a bit you can get the Floyd to level out,just remember to keep checking your tuning as loosening the claw will lower the tuning & tightening the claw will raise tuning!!As always don't loosen too much or tighten too much,just a little at a time & always when doing guitar work,be patient!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Problem fixed...thanks Chuck! I thought that might be the problem but I don't know enough about floyds yet and I didn't wanna fuck something up. I didn't realize those screws were so long. Now I gotta get my buddy to do a full setup on it. Ya know what... fuck that... now I gotta get my buddy to show me how to do a full setup on it. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Thanks again Chuck!! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

No problem bro!!Everyone has to start somewhere when it comes to guitar work,now you're on your way!!Glad I could help!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Chucksplatter

Comment

Working...
            X