Scratchy switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scratchy switch

Hey, I got this scratchy thing when I switch between pickups.

Can this be avoided somehow, without replacing the switch?
    I know pots can be cleaned, but I don't know what exactly to do with switches. It's a 5-way Strat switch.

Re: Scratchy switch

I've used the 'tuner cleaner' made for pots on my 3-way/5-way switches with good results. I know you're not in USA, but here's an example of a tuner cleaner from RadioShack:
    http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...t%5Fid=64-4315
    You'll note above the specs portion they mention using it on switches too.

Comment

The cheaper way to do it is to just flick the switch back and forth several times rapidly to bust off the corrosion. That's how you clean faders on your console.

Comment

I use a tuner spray from Radio Shack also. It works great. And it has many uses around the house LOL...all knobs...switches..door hinges...j/k not sure about that, but it works great. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I use this stuff and it works great. If they could omly figure out how not to have such a backsplash when blast the pot.
          I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Are we talking about something like WD-40? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

WD-40 might be a little over the top for your switch application. "WD-40" stands for the '40th attempt at finding a water displacement solvent'. WD-40 is known as a water displacer, a penetrant, a lubricant, and a rust preventative (I use it on my Motocross bike on the chain and controls after I wash the bike for the purpose of displacing water). While it might lubricate the switch, it won't be cleaning it as much as the Radio Shack type of stuff, and the WD-40 would leave more of an oily residue.

Comment

Working...
              X