Replacing neck on DK2M

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing neck on DK2M

I need some help guys. Will a Warmoth Jackson style 24 fret extension neck fit on a DK2M?
    "Hard work is for people short on talent." -George Carlin

According to Warmoth it will not.....................

Comment

You need a true 24 fret neck, not a 22 fret neck with and extension.
      It will never intonate.
      -Rick

Comment

i don't understand all these interests in replacing the neck on the DK2M.
        the whole point of that guitar is the neck. and its F'ing sweet.
        Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

some ppl wants to have a dk2 with 2 hums and a tremolo. and some of them dont likes maple fretboards. but i agree that neck is really sweet.

Comment

...and then sell the neck for big buck$
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamland_Rebel View Post
              i don't understand all these interests in replacing the neck on the DK2M.
              the whole point of that guitar is the neck. and its F'ing sweet.
              It's cool, but I would rather have ebony. I don't like the contrast of the light colored board with dark inlays. I can't see it as easily as I can with an ebony board and light inlays. I guess it's just my eyes or something. Maybe I could wear sunglasses when I play. lol I like the feel of ebony too.
              "Hard work is for people short on talent." -George Carlin

Comment

Just sell of the neck and buy another Jackson 24 with ebony?
                Gear:
                none

Comment

Getting a 24 fret ebony Jackson neck is going to be next to impossible. Only options to my knowledge are a Fusion Pro neck (which is short scale), or a Jackson USA neck. Neither are sold often without the body! I know Warmoth will not, but maybe one of the other quality neck manufacturers (possibly Musikcraft??) has in inventory or can custom order you a 24 fret Jackson with ebony fingerboard?

Comment

You could try to get a DK1 neck, but again, it'll be very difficult to get one without buying the whole guitar. And given the DK1's spec, you may as well buy one, and sell off the whole DK2M.
                    Last edited by wilkinsi; 09-18-2007, 10:19 AM.
                    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by Holy Diver View Post
                      It's cool, but I would rather have ebony. I don't like the contrast of the light colored board with dark inlays. I can't see it as easily as I can with an ebony board and light inlays. I guess it's just my eyes or something. Maybe I could wear sunglasses when I play. lol I like the feel of ebony too.
                      Unless you get really lucky on ebay, sell the DK2M and save up for a DK-1 if you need a long scale, or get an early 1990's Fusion import to save some dough.

How much would it cost to have Warmoth make Jackson replacement neck (if you could get them to?)

I thought I remember some guy from Warmoth on this site asking for a neck to borrow so that they could blueprint the neck. I never knew what happened with that.

Comment

Getting a 24 fret ebony Jackson neck is going to be next to impossible. Only options to my knowledge are a Fusion Pro neck (which is short scale), or a Jackson USA neck. Neither are sold often without the body!
                        To which i was just going to reply something like:

You could try to get a DK1 neck, but again, it'll be very difficult to get one without buying the whole guitar. And given the DK1's spec, you may as well buy one, and sell off the whole DK2M.
                        "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
                        The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

I forgot to mention the DK1 also has a much better list of finishes available.
                          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                            Unless you get really lucky on ebay, sell the DK2M and save up for a DK-1 if you need a long scale, or get an early 1990's Fusion import to save some dough.

How much would it cost to have Warmoth make Jackson replacement neck (if you could get them to?)

I thought I remember some guy from Warmoth on this site asking for a neck to borrow so that they could blueprint the neck. I never knew what happened with that.
                            They won't they hate jackson or something.
                            "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

If you already have the DK2M, just buy a DXMG. They are easily found for $200. I'm sure you could trade the DK2M neck for the entire guitar.
                              Just a guitar player...

Comment

Working...
                              X